Courses you want to knock out in 2018

Played there last weekend and it was fantastic. When we got to play.

Saturday afternoon we rolled into Hutchison around 2pm. Got to the club and the weather was perfect. Sunny, 72, slight breeze. Played with @JohnnyBoy and got around the course in 2:20. Both of us shot great and we only saw two other people on the course. One of the most enjoyable rounds of golf that I’ve ever played. Love that course.

Fast forward to Sunday morning and at our 9am tee time, it was 32* with 25mph winds and a wind chill of 20*. We were bundled up in all of the clothes we brought, pullovers, vests, rain suit for wind protection, beanies, and winter gloves. Played 2 holes and called it. Didn’t want to ruin our good thoughts from the previous day’s round, so we went back to the clubhouse!

One of the most hospitable clubs that I’ve ever visited. The entire staff went above and beyond, the food was great, and the cabins on the north end of the property were so convenient. If you ever have the chance to make it to Prairie Dunes, take it!

Prairie Dunes Country Club.

3/10/18

Arcadia Bluffs is a dream! Make sure you spend the night there, if you can! If not, make sure you stay for the bagpipe player who comes out on Friday and Saturday nights! It’s wonderful sitting in the adirondack chairs overlooking 18’s green and Lake Michigan while he plays!

You forgot Mira Vista Country Club in Fort Worth, Texas. You were probably just saving that one for the full review later, right @Morety ?

Crystal Downs was not what I expected it to be. The greens were like nothing I’ve ever experienced before in terms of breaks, and I’ve played golf around most of northern Michigan. It was beautiful, but you have to play it 3 or 4 times to actually have any chance to shoot a good number. Have fun!

I played Sweetens Cove yesterday while in the general area for work, and although it was soaked from the storms that rolled through the South on Monday, it was such a blast. I know I only got about 50% of the experience due to the soft conditions, but I plan to go back to get the full experience when it is firm and fast. Just not sure when since it’s about a 6 hour drive for me.

My list

1. Honors Course (have an in just need to get something on the calendar)
  2. Sweetens
  3. Austin CC (hopeful on this one)
  4. Kiawah Island Club (been going to Kiawah for years but never played either course)

Also got my eye on 2019 for a potential Ireland/British Open trip

I’m in a similar boat @Lazstradamus… Although I have played Pasatiempo a couple times (went to UC Santa Cruz) and Torrey North (before the renovation).

1 Pebble Beach
2 Torrey South
3 Sandpiper (another one I’m annoyed about being asked if I’ve played it)
4 Harding Park
5 Spanish Bay

I’ve asked for a Duke’s Club membership for either birthday or xmas this year, so 1 & 5 may be easier than normal.

If you want to get on GCCC let me know

I’ll join! Got Quaker Ridge on the schedule this year just trying to figure out when.

In no particular order:

Fredreica
The Honors
Lookout Mountain
The Farm
Cartersville Country Club