Courses you want to knock out in 2018

Will go back to wisconsin for a few weeks to catch a packer and bager game
Would like to knock out
Erin hills
Blackwolf run
Whistling straits
Lawsonia
Sand valley

Staying in my lane here with my hands firmly on 10 and 2.

The Links at Gettysburg
TPC Mrytle Beach
Pinehurst

If you need to fill out a foursome at any of those, give me a shout :slight_smile: haha

Planning to do Kingsley in June, and hopefully getting to Sweetens next month when I’m in the area for work. Played Tobacco Road in 2016 before we went to Pinehurst, such a fun and unique track. Well worth it.

Really want to make a return trek to Willow Point CC in Alexander City, AL

Nice. I just crossed off Dunes Golf & Beach Club this weekend. A solid RTJ track in Myrtle Beach. I’m hoping to knock of Kinglsey Club this fall when I visit some family in Michigan.

Are you talking about Sanctuary just south of Denver?

These are locked and loaded:

Quarry at Giants Ridge
Legend at Giants Ridge
The Wilderness at Fortune Bay
Mammoth Dunes
Sand Valley
White Bear Yacht Club

Should be fun!

Muirfield
Oakmont
Oakland Hills
Bandon
And the big long shot of the group…
Sankaty Head

Yeah have you played it?

I haven’t. I’ve been working connections to try and get on. You can get on through a charity and $$, but I don’t want to play it in a scramble, I want to play my own ball. Are you playing it through a tournament? Have heard great things about it.

We Ko Pa is outstanding! Play all 36, you will not be disappointed

Budget is a little tighter than normal thanks to a few bachelor parties, BUT that shouldn’t stop me from playing:

• Sand Valley/Mammoth Dunes
  • Bay Harbor
  • Brickyard Crossing

Just got back from a trip to HHI. Played Heron Point / Atlantic Dunes on one of our days…two really good tracks for the price. I’d say HP is a little repetitive but the conditioning of the greens were very fair considering it was Pete Dye. AD was a total treat, loved the sight lines and trees all the corridors went through. Didn’t bite on Harbor Town but from what the guys all around the property were saying we weren’t missing out with what we did do.

Just scheduled a trip to Sand Valley for the second weekend in May. They told me we may be able to play as many as 16 holes on Mammoth that weekend depending on how the spring goes.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions to share? What can we expect from a weather standpoint?

I live about an hour and a half south of Sand Valley and it’s looked like a good spring so far. Almost all the snow is gone and some courses actually opened briefly last weekend. Last year it was in the 80s that weekend and the average is around 65.

It’s the midwest though, so the weather could shift at any time. Expect it to be somewhere from 95 and sunny to 20 and snowing.

I played Heron Point and Harbour Town last August. Didn’t play Atlantic Dunes as they had just punched the greens. I will disagree about Harbour Town though…I loved it. Thought it was a fun course with some great views. I would definitely play it again.

Yes, Sweetens is about 45 min. northwest of Chattanooga on I-24 towards Nashville.

So far in 2018:

Bandon Dunes
Pacific Dunes
Bandon Trails
Old Macdonald
Prairie Dunes
Mira Vista CC (Ft. Worth)

Some I hope to add this year:

The Honors Course
Golf Club of Tennessee
Belle Meade Country Club
Frederica Golf Club
Lookout Mountain
Holston Hills

Can you share with the class how you did Prairie Dunes in the first 2.5 months of the year??? KS winters aren’t too nice