Courses you want to knock out in 2018

Since joining this forum, i have added The Dunes Club.

Want to take advantage of Mountain Golf since its next door before embarking on some more “links” style trips. I have played a couple of these (*) but they are just awesome

Kananaskis - Mt. Kidd* & Mt. Lorette* for a 36 hole day - Cheating and using 6 course (planned to re-open after damaging flood in 2013)
Banff Springs
Stewart Creek
Jasper Park Lodge
Golden Golf and Country Club*

Some fantastic golf in Canada for those interested, US folks get a nice deal on the $ as well…

Streamsong Blue/Red/Black
Doral - Blue Monster
Crandon Park

SWM!
Finally I see someone who agrees with me that the Rivers the best course in Koehler! the design is absolutely genius. Also, totally with you on The Bull! A Jack Nicklaus design that for the money cannot be beaten. Sand Valley is very Brandon-esque (like the Kaisers want it I’m sure) and a great experience. Cannot wait to try Mmmoth maybe this year.

If you can, play Firestone North as well, way underrated.

More top ones in the Metro NYC area…

• NGLA, Shinnecock, Quaker Ridge, Baltusrol, Sleepy Hollow, Hudson National, Garden City

Do you have connections for these places, or are these just a pipe dream?

Connections for 2 or 3. The rest, we’ll see.

GF hooked me up with a gift card to Erin Hills for Christmas. Looking forward to playing my third US Open course.

Dalhousie in Cape? My club has recirprocal there. It’s legit.

Courses I want to knock out? Interesting choice of words by @djpie because this just became a lit of courses I “want to/can possibly play” so I can stop wondering about them, as opposed to “will never play” like Augusta National or Porcupine Creek.
I’m going public only and sticking to California.

1. Pebble Beach: Me every year since 2005: “I_'m gonna just gonna drive up there and tee it as a single_” Still haven’t.
  2. Pasatiempo Killing me. Been to two 49ers games and still haven’t teed it, largely a product of being on the wrong side of the point spread(s).
  3. Torrey South The “Have you played Torrey?” question is maddening when you have to explain “Yes, but only the North” to people who don’t get it. I’m around enough San Diego people where this is becoming an issue in my life. I just want it to end.
  4. La Purisima Everyone tells me this is the hardest course in California. We’ll see.
  5. Harding Park If @RaynorMan can hole out, why can’t I?

I enjoyed North a lot. Had the chance to play it a few times while in college. Actually have a bad memory of missing a short on on 17 for birdie. Facepalm emoji

Booking a trip to King Island in March for Cape Wickham and Ocean Dunes and a week in Tassie to spend a few days at Barnbougle Dunes and Lost Farm for May. So those 4 are top of the list! And next on the list is Cape Kidnappers.

I’m moving to Texas in May, so I’m optimistic through some connections I have that I’ll be able to visit Whispering Pines, Colonial, and Dallas National. I’m 99% sure that my employer will hook me up with visits to TPC San Antonio, The Golf Club of Houston, and Austin Country Club, so I should be able to see most of the TOUR courses in Texas this year.

A buddy of mine who’s from NY and I have entertained the thought of taking a weekend road trip to his neck of the woods and playing Bethpage Black.

Yep. My buddy @Morety grew up in Cape and is a member at Dalhousie. Pretty nice track.

We play a Ryder Cup style tournament there every year and it’s legit.

The Morety Cup

Few comments on some of the Wisconsin info - golf seems like improves every year here now:

• I’d concur with others thoughts regarding then Kohler courses. I think the Rivers is the best and personally I like Irish just as much as the Straits course.
  • Great stretch to play over a few days is that central area: Lawsonia Links (unique, although different than it used to be), Mascoutin (great tree-lined 27 hole course with excellent but challenging greens and a good value), Sand Valley, and the renovated SentryWorld. All these within 90 miles or so.

Bit late to the party here but (and sticking to the island of Ireland)…

• Royal Portrush (first time to play new holes / new course layout)
  • Portstewart (I’m trying to work my way round every Irish Open venue ever played)
  • Druids Glen
  • Killeen Castle
  • Knock (a Colt / Mackenzie design 5 minutes from my house…never realised who designed it).

Planned unless something changes…

Pasatiempo
Streamsong (all 3)
St. Andrews
Royal County Down
Mid Ocean

I like the list. I assume you are a southerner? I’ve been lucky enough to hit Cuscowila and East Lake. ELGC is hard but a real treat. The other courses at Reynolds are awesome especially Great Waters and Oconee. I’ve been on two guys trips there and we had a blast. Accommodations are terrific. Is Sweetens outside of Chattanooga?

Yes, Sweetens is ~30 min. west of Chattanooga in South Pittsburg. If you go another half hour you get to Sewanee which has another 9 hole course that Gil Hanse re-did that University of the South operates. I spent one day at each, and outside a phenomenal view Sewanee has off the back of their par 3 3rd (very high point, wind blew hard that day), I would keep going back to Sweetens.