Cincy 3.0: The All Star at Avon Fields--Buy Raffle Tickets and Bid in Auctions post 963

now can we get one with Nandy and Laz cartoon style wearing cow costumes?

4 Likes

Cincy Logo_v50_final:

18 Likes

Straight up I don’t think I ever found Waldo once in any of the books as a kid. It used to make me so mad. Occasionally could find Odlaw and the wizard but Waldo always blended in too well.

4 Likes

definitley pinned you as a guy who found them all immediately.

4 Likes

This is a safe space. Thanks for being so honest

5 Likes

BATTER UP!

CINCINNATI, OH – We, The Front Office, are pleased to share with you official details of the 3rd annual Cincinnati Golf & Social Congress. Building on two years of exceeding successes, the future is bright as we continue to celebrate traditions as well as introduce new elements. In celebration of a perennial mid-size city (35th in the Nielsen market rankings for those keeping score) that stays deeply engrained into its traditions, our theme proudly showcases the sporting heritage of Cincinnati. We invite you to come experience The All Star at Avon, November 5 – 6, 2021.

As is tradition, charity is the true north of our events, and namely charity for kids. This year, we are proud to support the efforts of our local Cincinnati Children’s Hospital as well as a new to us organization, Reaching out for Kids. ROFK is lead by none other than Avon Field’s head pro, Ron Dumas.
His philanthropic platform is to engage local youth into the game of golf through summer camps and events throughout the year, and he conducts them right out of Avon Field Golf Course. This aspect we intend to keep quiet until the day of the event as a surprise token of our gratitude to use his golf course year after year. Like last year, proceeds of your entry fee to Avon Field will go directly to our charitable causes, thanks to our friends at PrecisionPro.

The All Star won’t be complete without a Duel. It’s also not an All Star game without some true sticks showing off in a low stakes environment. We are happy to share that @holeout (+4 index, former revenue generating professional golfer now turned amateur) will battle @imsocrabby (Head Teaching Pro, Spanish Oaks Golf Club, does that pro thing of not having a GHIN) in a 9 hole battle-royale. The format is golf, with maybe a few twists along the way. Their one choice as competitors is who they bring as their playing second. Our first twist, however, is they cannot team up with anyone better than a 15.0 handicap. We see that as can’t miss action, and we hope you will, too.

Below are other preliminary details of our weekend together, with associated formats & costs to expect. Any and all details are subject to change, and will be communicated through this thread.

Friday, November 5

FULL COURSE RENTAL at Reeves Golf Course
4757 Playfield Ln, Cincinnati, OH 45226
Frost lift – Sundown, ~$35-70 per person (35 for afternoon, 70 for all day) includes golf + cart
Format: TBD, however you cannot play with the same people twice throughout the day

Evening social happy hour / pizza at Madtree Brewing Co.
3301 Madison Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45209
Time TBD, post golf

Saturday, November 6

The All Star at Avon Field Golf Course
4081 Reading Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45229
Frost lift – Sundown, $100 per person includes morning match, afternoon free golf, charitable donation
Format: AM: team fourball matches, PM: 9-hole showcase duel, open ‘home run’ derby + free play

Evening social at TBD
Address TBD
Time TBD, post golf

So to summarize: $100 to get in the door on Saturday, $70 to play all day Friday. If you wish to arrange your own games in the area, by all means do so, but please mark yourself as a NO for Friday or Sunday golf in the google sheet so we can have an accurate headcount. Please tag me in any questions you have, and I will answer, add to this post, and bookmark this post for all to reference. There are a slew of locals here who will be able to share advice and expectation for those traveling in.

Thank you, happy trash talking, and go Redlegs,

The Front Office

25 Likes

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: I’m deep in the alternate list yet am wanting to come spectate, cool?
A: Yes, very cool. The course is all ours on Saturday which will lend to having more than our field come spectate. Details to come on confirming a ‘total’ headcount for that Saturday for food & such, which may require a small monetary amount to cover off on. In addition, Friday golf is also a FULL DAY RENTAL and will have some space. Sunday golf is up for anyone to arrange individually.

Q: Aren’t the Brownies in town on Sunday?
A: Yes, @anon3021505 has involuntarily installed himself as NFLCzar for a Sunday ticket purchase pool.

4 Likes

Could you outline vaccine expectations for the event?

6 Likes

@Methridge has entered the chat

7 Likes

I fixed this part for you.

4 Likes

Fuck off man Burrow is already throwing in pads.

2 Likes

Behind that o line we better start taking about whoever their back up is by November.

1 Like

Back ups back up, possibly

1 Like

Mine, the city of Cincinnati, Hamilton County, or the state of Ohio?

8 Likes

I mean I have all day and I’m here for all 4.

1 Like

Also, I uhhhhh… better get off that fucking waitlist.

12 Likes

For those on wait-list is there a spectator option?

3 Likes

Absolutely. And as of now we still have plenty of room on Friday.

Yes?

4 Likes