Chunks at the Chuck (Alameda, CA): It was a Blast!

This is the holding place thread for the 2022 “Chunks at the Chuck” in Alameda, CA. We are applying for official status as THE Northern California NIT Qualifier.

Last year, 50 refugees/nesticals joined together in our first NIT qualifier to send Dustin Kleven to Jax Beach. We raised $2000 for CASA of Alameda, gave away $1000+ in prizes, and had so much fun that we’re running it back, y’all. A full recap of the day here.

We’ll bring back all the magic from last year–The firm and fast conditions, good vibes, a few career-day scores, and helping a local organization. But, we’ll also be improving the day based on what we learned last year. This year we’ll be:

1. Increasing our field size from 48 to 60 (potential to expand to 72 if demand is there)
  2. Making a slight change to our home venue and our event format
  3. Supporting mobile scorecards and live leaderboards
  4. Getting pretty creative with fresh merch, prizes, food/beverage on course, and our charity raffle.
  5. And a few more big surprises we have up our sleeves.

The Details

• Course: We have reserved both the North and South courses at Corica Park for the day.
  • Date: March 20, 2022
  • Cost: :construction: TBD- Still working out these details with tournament committee :construction:
  • Charity: We’ll continue to support CASA of Alameda. Every child needs someone in their corner. For children and youth facing the complex foster care system, that trusted adult can be hard to find. CASA advocates for youth navigating the complex courts system. Donations will be raised through raffle tickets, entry fees, and our side-bets. Last year we hit 2k raised. This year, we’d love to eclipse 3k.
  • Number of NIT Spots: :construction: TBD- Official NIT events and spots are being sorted out by Double_Bogey_Dave. We will work with him and update on official standing and spots in the coming weeks. :construction:
  • Tournament Format: :construction: TBD- Waiting for NIT spots to lock format. :construction:
  • Field Size: 72 spots!
  • Hosts / Organizing Committee: @giles @greebs @hwb @fullbodyfix @GremlinGolfer

Calls to Action
If you’re interested in potentially playing:

1. Add your name, email to this form
  2. Bookmark this thread for future reference.
  3. Comment to let us know!

If you played last year and have feedback about ways we can improve: Send a DM to the Tournament Committee. We’d love to make our 2nd version 2000x better.

We will update this thread once we clarify things like dates, cost, format, and NIT qualifier information! We should have date information from Corica by end of this week.

Let’s get involved, NorCal.

30 Likes

Can’t. Wait.

6 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

Let’s goooooooooooo

3 Likes

Not missing this one

4 Likes

:bangbang::bangbang:
Holding you to that bro :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Listen, I can’t help I’m the only damn guy from actual NorCal :rofl: It’s a trek!

7 Likes

Sweet!!!
I am in!!

5 Likes

Very in

4 Likes

So stoked we’re running it back. And double stoked we’re sticking with CASA.

4 Likes

tenor (1)

5 Likes

Bringing the PNW love to the Chuck.

9 Likes

My man

2 Likes

Happy to host a couple out of towners if needed. Spare mattress, spare couch, air mattress all VERY much in play.

4 Likes

Simply put… In!

4 Likes

Submitted! The new EUG-OAK southwest flights make this so easy.

4 Likes

Are you all open to out of towners, if the locals don’t fill up?
Sister lives in the area and this might be good time to plan a trip.

2 Likes

I am in the same boat as Waffles (just not my sister)…if the dates work out would be interested in having an excuse to come up.

3 Likes