Chicagoland Matchplay Tournament 2023 - 2CGC Team Qualifier

Thank god my putting recovered after a little bit of PTSD from MP last weekend. It was a wonderful round at the tiger woods course and we might have talked someone into joining the refuge.

8 Likes

He might not have gotten those closest to the pins at Mt. prospect, but he’s coming for the match play bracket.

6 Likes

What a battle today! @Ballgame bested @Setwilli on a chip off at Sunset Valley today, after halving the match in the regulation 18.

13 Likes

Seth is a tough out. I had to hit 15 greens (and 40 putts) just to make it to the playoff. Really impressive game for how new he is to golf. I know it’s cliche at this point, but Ryan, Vinny, and Seth are really pleasant guys to spend 4.5 hours with semi-grinding and getting burnt up by the sun.

Sunset Valley is such a delight. Hard to find a gripe (besides lack of green collars and on course water coolers). Easily the best combination of quality, value, and proximity to the city.

@JAD and @andrewf, when do y’all duke it out?

12 Likes

We should probably get on that. Dates filling up quick. @JAD I will send you a DM and we can figure out a plan.

1 Like

Ted, I have bad news. That’s about 180 yds.

2 Likes

Bad news? That’s fake news. That white dot is way too big to tell exactly where you dropped the pin. I get .098 miles = 172 yards. My irons were #dialed.

I figured Seth paid off the starter to give me a bad number. I didn’t realized he had got to you as well.

5 Likes

My research and geographical plot analysis has yet to be completed.

3 Likes

@JAD and I are playing our match at Mt Prospect on Sat 7/2 at 9:30. I’ve booked all four spots so just let me know if you’d like to join. $60 walking.

3 Likes

I narrowly hung on to take down @andrewf 1 up at Mount Prospect this morning. The man is a true gentleman and a dogged competitor. If the match was a few more holes, he likely would be in the final.

6 Likes

It was a great match!

@JAD had the match comfortably in control most of the round. Tried to battle on the back 9. He put it away with an absolute clutch par putt on 18.

@Setwilli: 3rd place round somewhere?

3 Likes

What a lovely match to spectate. I’ve never been to a Ryder Cup or a President’s Cup but can’t imagine there’s a whole hell of a lot of a difference.

8 Likes

Also let the record state, @JAD’s two putts on both 16 & 18 were some of the best I’ve ever seen. Nails

2 Likes

When someone “asks how to refuge?” I will say “this. This is how you refuge.”

6 Likes

@Ballgame and @JAD

Pls get your match done ASAP to give the region time to get their quota rounds done for regional round. You both have all but secured your spots but I would love to get this season done so I can focus on next year with those captains.

Guess we’re on to Cincinnati.

3 Likes

If @JAD wins would second place in breakfast ball or match play make the squad?

@Ballgame appealed to the appropriate court that he deserves a spot on the 2C team based on his performance in the match play and Breakfast Ball. The motion was sustained (I think that’s the appropriate court verbiage).

2 Likes

1 Like

If anyone has played their matches for 2022-23 please let me know!