Chicagoland Matchplay Tournament 2023 - 2CGC Team Qualifier

@CMal Weather looks good this weekend if you want to tee it up? Let me know

1 Like

is this behind the paywall moving forward? not sure the best way to manage it and schedule, or just see whoā€™s still around after the wall goes up?

Shouldnā€™t be, itā€™s an event with an NIT qualifier and is already labeled as such.

Update:

Hey everyone - with courses slowly starting to open I think it is time to put some deadlines on round completion here.

Round 1: April 30th
Round 2: May 31st
Round 3: June 30th
Round 4/5: July 31st

As we get closer to April I will start reaching out to individuals to make sure they are in the loop.

5 Likes

Is there going to be a new one for 2021? Or is this match play bracket taking two seasons to complete due to COVID?

Correct. Same one carryover because we started in the fall.

1 Like

BRAND new bag for 2021ā€¦canā€™t speak to the ability of my game with it, but this weekend is the first test.

That being said, @McDuffin when would you like to tussle? Iā€™m just west of Oā€™Hare, open to playing just about anywhere for our match

1 Like

Iā€™m in the west burbs so not far we can iron some details out at mudness if that sounds good?

1 Like

Chicago GC?

Chicago GC. We can walk up. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll have a spot open on the tee sheet.

1 Like

So jealous of you all getting to play matches :cry:

I meanā€¦if you want a match just for the sake of a match, consider this a challenge.

1 Like

Letā€™s do it.

1 Like

We are about a month out from the first round matches needing to be complete. I am asking each of you that havenā€™t played to at least let us know if you are still going to compete. If we donā€™t get a response in the next week we can start filling in the spots with some newcomers who missed the original signup.

@delaney
@cjboden
@Stilts
@Not_Fleetwood
@CMal
@pfeil41
@SamIAm
@SpartyArmst

5 Likes

Yep Iā€™m still planning on it. Had messaged my opponent late last fall and didnā€™t get a response. Will try again here sometime if I get a chance. Moving to the burbs on the 16th so could be a bit of a time crunch, but planning to try to get it in.

@CMal I am down to play our match pretty much any upcoming weekend. Only day I canā€™t is this Saturday, Iā€™m playing in the refuge event at Spring Valley. LMK

there a signup for reserves?

1 Like

Iā€™m working to schedule with @cjboden.

2 Likes

I added a reserve list tab to the spreadsheet

Jumping into the reserves!

1 Like

@djheadley @TheCTWay and @kmcswain you are all now in the bracket.

We still need to hear from @NPW, @Stilts, and @Pregame. If there are anymore reserves that want to enter please let me know. I will give it another 2 days before we open it up to those that lost out already for a shot at redemption!

6 Likes