Check out my Course Vlog Channel

Quarantine has given me a lot of free time to finally get this project of mine up and running. I started experimenting in March with some half ass videos, but EAL’s Rustic Canyon video and a few refugee members inspired me to put in the effort to make them half decent. After a lot of toying around with the editing set up for awhile it finally came together. So here’s the first video. I have ideas to improve the series moving forward and since I spent awhile on this I kind of just wanted to get it out and rushed things like the voice overs and shot tracers. I’ll get looser and more informative with the voice overs as I get more experienced, but I’m happy to hear any feedback.

I want to focus on the course itself and what it’s like to play them. I’m based in Chicago so I’ll be doing a lot of videos around here, Wisconsin, and Michigan as well as some short trips here and there. Planning to a do a lot of Fried Egg recommended courses. I’m filming in Sand Valley next weekend, so look for those shortly. Appreciate anyone who checks out this #content.

5 Likes

Smashed that subscribe button as if a 13-year-old girl or Rick Shiels just asked me to.

2 Likes

hey wait

2 Likes

Pretty solid. Really liked the way you used the drones shots at the start. Kept them long enough on screen to actually enjoy and think about the holes rather than just for glam shots for an intro

What drone you using?

I lifted that from the course website without asking permission lol.

1 Like

I mayyyyy get a drone of my own though

Fair enough, definitely is a little bit questionable considering the course probably paid someone to get those shots for them. I’d definitely recommend getting your own. The Mavic Mini is pretty cheap in comparison to what else is out there and very serviceable

2 Likes

Ya I know, I will probably contact them about it’ll ease my conscious. It’s not like I will make money from this though but I get it.

I dig the graphics that you used. I’m likely to borrow some of those ideas. I liked the individual scorecard that CBS used for the Masters:

So I’ve created a template for it in Illustrator with bogey boxes and birdie circles for quick editing:

Let me know if you’re interested in the file.

5 Likes

So I emailed the course and I’m probably going to buy that drone. Things are moving quickly

4 Likes

I’ve been toying with buying it too. Might do it soon

So one of my ideas is to film a couple of angles greenside before showing the approach shot. All of these course vlogs do a bad job of showing the greens in general. And you learn the most about where you should be aiming when you explain the danger around the greens.

1 Like

I’m interested in the file just to put on everything

1 Like

I can really see the EAL influence in your video, with the untucked shirt and all

young man yells at cloud

Cool work though, the visuals are awesome

2 Likes

Thank you. Ya I’d wear a t-shirt if I could. I’m thinking about calling golf clubs and asking if they’re ok with that in the future even.

As far as influence, I watched Golf Sidekick vlogs the most but I’m not nearly as funny as him and I’m in no position to give people advice about playing having picked up the game seriously in 2017. Like most on this board I have a love/hate thing with EAL. People have said I remind them of him before though haha. You’ll likely see overtime the Fried Egg is my biggest influence in filming these videos as I’m going off a lot his course recommendations and writing about architecture to guide the vlogs.

1 Like

I didn’t know anything about Mt Prospect and after watching your video I definitely want to play there. So, well done

1 Like

You should! Back 9 coming Monday

Looks awesome! Did you end up using that golf tracer app or did you find another one that worked better?

1 Like

I used it about half of the time. Much more on the back 9.

1 Like

Here is episode 2. Looking like rain for my trip to Sand Valley, but I’m going to try and film it either way. So that’ll be up soon as well.

1 Like