Charleston Golf

Heading down to Charleston any suggestions on some good public tracks?

I’ll be down there the 14-18th. Looking for some course tips too, maybe a playing partner. I’m a little North on Sullivan’s Island

Patriot’s Point on Mt. Pleasant for a fun/laidback round. Charleston National if you want a challenge.

I played Charleston National a few weeks back for the first time and it was awesome. Shadowmoss Plantation is cool and really reasonably priced. Pine Forest Country Club in Summerville is great. The Muni on James Island is in big on the #PushCartMafia. If you want the #TrustFundTron route try and get on at Kiawah.

Fellow Baltimore Golfer - enjoy the trip to my favorite place! We have a place in Kiawah, so I’ve had the opportunity to play a lot down there. I will second Charleston National as a nice track and a fun experience. Highly recommend going to Stono Creek. If you can get out to Kiawah (about 40 minutes), you have some outstanding picks…Ocean Course (if you’re willing to spend the money) is the best course in South Carolina, in my opinion. If you’re going to do a Kiawah day with 36, I would suggest Osprey Point in the morning, then do a “replay” rate at the Ocean Course - it will save some significant $$. If you’re up north, Caledonia is definitely worth the trip, as well. How long will you be there for? Golf specific trip or just trying to squeeze some rounds in?

Check out Wild Dunes. Very well conditioned course with some nice holes along the ocean on the back. Well-run place.

Visited in April and got out twice, once to Patriot’s Point and once to Stono Ferry.

Highly recommend Stono Ferry. That was a great experience. Patriots Point is great if you’re looking for convenience (if staying downtown) because you can get there with a quick Uber/taxi.