Cap City Cash Game (Sacramento, CA):2022, July 9-10th

With golf trips a bit hard to plan last year, we did a few local two day games. All the golf of a weekend trip with the crew without the overpriced beer and cramped hotel rooms. Turned out to be a blast and pretty easy to plan. Fun group, mostly hackers, usually get a solid 12-16 golfer turnout, but looking to grow and do a few of these throughout the year.

Tee times start at 9am both days. Entries capped at 40.

Date: March 20-21
Location : Bartley Cavanaugh / Haggin Oaks - Allister MacKenzie
Scoring / Tourney Structure : 2 man best ball / 4 man Scramble

Here’s the google doc for signups:

1 Like

Is it ok for singles to join?

Absolutely

I’m in, and excited! Haggin may be largely (and fairly) ignored by the MacKenzie historians, but you can’t argue with the history. This is pretty cool, from 79 years ago today

1 Like

Pasatiempo it is not! Lol. But a fun track that won’t beat you up and reasonable on the wallet. From what I’ve heard, only a few holes have been untouched keeping the original A.M. design. Not sure who the ‘architect of record’ is or should be. Either way, we’re gonna have a great time!

Missed this one, but interested for the next time around…

1 Like

We’ve got another game coming up in May!

1 Like

Maybe we can get a SF contingent to make the trek up …make a meet up out of it. Keep me posted

1 Like

Hey Guis,

First game was a blast! We had twenty guys come out to play some fun golf and paid out $400 in cash prizes. Birdies were drained, beers were drank, friends were made. Overall a great weekend. Lets run it back!

Date: March 15-16
Scoring / Tourney Structure : Modified Stableford / 4 man Scramble

Only two weeks left to sign up for the may game. @fullbodyfix plenty of spots left if you’re still thinking about making the trip.

1 Like

Busy month sadly won’t make it this time. I’ll keep my eyes open though for next time.

1 Like

We had another installment of the ‘Cash Game’ this past weekend. Second game was even better! We had 24 guys come out to play some fun golf and paid out $500 in cash prizes. Sunday after the scramble the group moved out to the range for a high stakes chipping contest that was lots of laughs.

We’re running it back July 24th and 25th with a game of WOLF, in flights, at Empire Ranch in Folsom and as always, a Sunday Scramble at WildHawk in Elk Grove with a bonus round at the 9 hole, par 3 Bradshaw Ranch for those interested.

Date: July 24-25
Scoring / Tourney Structure : WOLF / 4 man Scramble

For anyone interested in a little competitive golf around Sacramento, I’m hosting another two day game on July 9th and 10th. Great group of dudes, always a great time. Let me know if you have any questions.

Tee times start at 9am Sat and 8am Sun.

Date: July 9-10
Scoring / Tourney Structure : WOLF / 4 man Scramble

Damn, I would love to do it, but I wont play teal bend on weekends any more. I would be interested in doing a weekly twilight cash game.

Lol, this feels spammy @McSchvantz

2 Likes