CANCELED :( Lake City Jamboree, Couer d’Alene, ID, July 17-19

It’s not looking great for @Sarah

Nope :frowning: - Can’t say I"m surprised

Maybe @MarkInVictoria and I should arrange the Victoria weekend at the same time!

3 Likes

Shit, that sounds ominously like they’re not going to open the US to IK travel either. Which will fuck me.

2 Likes

Surely that is soley for the common people and wouldnt apply to an august body such as yourself.

2 Likes

You still can’t go first class when the plane doesn’t leave Heathrow. :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Dont you fly private with diplomatic privileges Im surprised you use heathrow. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Not a huge fan of small planes for long flights. Claustrophobia.

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

After talking with some of our other planners, especially our international friends in @The_Cad_Says and @Sarah, we’ve decided to cancel this weekend. Really a bummer and something I’ve been fighting for a few weeks, but there’s just too much going on to expect folks to be able to travel consistently.

CDA has the makings of a fantastic weekend of golf, especially on the water in the summer, so we didn’t want to attempt this half cocked and instead hope to reschedule a similar weekend and itinerary sometime in the future, when we have a bit more stability in travel.

I hope everyone is well and look forward to seeing you out there soon!

5 Likes

Sorry to hear this. Been following COVID numbers closely for the last few weeks for a work project and it’s not getting better in the US.

Things will get better at some point.

1 Like

We can always do this in the future I’m sure.

No worries people

4 Likes

Bummed but understandable fer sure.

Looking forward to eventually getting out there with some refugees!

3 Likes

Allow me to plug the Hüsker Du(el) for those looking to attend an event this same weekend.

I have roughly 6 spots open, and I’m 99% sure it’ll go on without incident.

5 Likes

Oh well. We’ll do it in the future.

2 Likes

Man I want to so much!
Alas I don’t think it’s in the cards after the ~2900 mile golf road trip I’ll be taking a couple weeks before hand. I am adding Wildhorse to that trip though after following along with the Husker Duel thread the last couple months.

Couer d’Alene was only going to be a ~750 mile’ish round trip. That won’t even get me one way to Gothenburg lol.

3 Likes

New to the Nest, call north of Seattle home, circa Mukilteo, and would love to play some rounds with fellow refugees. Have car will travel, Loomis is my favorite, but will play anywhere when able. Never played in Idaho, so I will trust you all with advice.

3 Likes

Come join the roll call!

1 Like

Boom, on the call. Joined Chambers for 2021 to play three rounds and a preview round to be played before 1/21. Prepping for a week in Bandon, this coming June. You guys connect for rounds via this board?

4 Likes

Hell yeah welcome!! Trying to get back out to Loomis sooner rather than later, how’s the condition been out there?

1 Like

And yup, a few of us play regularly now or post on the roll call for some partners. We had a few folks down at The Home Course (south of Tacoma) last weekend for the great weather.

1 Like