Can I like Brooksy? Is Brooks the best?

As long as it isn’t recorded to harm the “brand” it’s OK.

1 Like
4 Likes

Saw some highlights after today’s round and was trying to figure out for the life of me what in tarnation was on Brook’s head today. At first I thought it was a Nike throwback to Marty McFly’s kids hat from BTTF2. Then after seeing stills I thought it was clouds. Nope.

https://www.nike.com/t/aerobill-classic99-golf-hat-VGg3G8

It’s some kind of almost acidwash. I hate that I like it. It’s God awful, but damn it’s kinda fly. I just bought a new hat. Wait, two new hats in the last week. What the hell is wrong with me

1 Like

Is Brooks dead? Was he really alive? Outside of an incredible 23 month run, he hasn’t really done a lot. Obviously he has a lot of his career in front of him, but which is the real Brooks? The all-time great we saw for 23 months? Or the very good, but not great pro we’ve seen outside of those two seasons? I can’t think of any other player that could basically be your average star or all-time great.

2 Likes

1 Like

Jordan Spieth - Follow the sign 100% of the time Welcome

1 Like

From this point forward, who has a better career?

• Spieth
  • Brooks

0 voters

This is like asking which turd will flush the fastest.

2 Likes

Spieth might be at rock bottom right now, Brooks might be just starting his decent, a la April of 2016.

I do not claim any responsibility for this take once Brooks wins a major this year…

1 Like

Brooks only wins majors, so, when he wins the greater dubuque open next year on the KFC, we’ll have a new major.

1 Like

Maybe Jordan can trade McCormick to Brooks for Joey D and a player to be named later.

1 Like

There is scar tissue from PGA last year.
There is scar tissue from the embarrassment of not backing up his mouth yesterday.
There is literal scar tissue in his knee.

Makes you think.

6 Likes

Spieth won the open after the start of his fall so it’s possible Brooks picks up one more on his way down.

I give Spieth the edge. He’s done more (sort of) and he’s three years younger. Spieth is the same age now as Brooks was when he won his first major. Obviously they both could recover and go back to all-time trajectory and Brooks is currently closer to the top. But they are both trending the wrong way.

All for “Brooksy” running his mouth. Love it, even if he doesn’t back it up.

The tour needs it.

1 Like

Edge to Spieth because I think he can climb up from rock bottom. If Brooks does have a freefall, I think he gets out of the game entirely. I don’t see him grinding.

1 Like

I don’t know. Brooks had to really grind to get to the top. He just hopes everyone forgets that part. I could see him going full Vijay and grinding when no one is looking. He’s like that kid that studies all night for a test but then struts into class and claims he never even opened his notes.

8 Likes

Brooks puts so much effort into making it seem like he doesn’t care. Pretty sure he cares. All of his “I don’t practice” talk is BS - you don’t get to where you are without grinding, especially after spending so much time toiling away in Europe.

11 Likes

Man, I never thought about it until reading your comment, but Spieth + Butch would be intriguing AF.

once his golf game goes brooks is gonna turn into dave portnoy it’s all downhill from there

2 Likes