BMW Drive for the Cup: Baltimore - Aug 27-28 Registration is LIVE, details around post 171

Yeah. Sorry about that Big Truss thing. :joy:. My bad. Thanks for the team though.

1 Like

I’ll just go ahead and get this out of the way. But, the Ravens are the woooorst.

2 Likes

Are zoombas allowed?

3 Likes

Seeing this thread reminded me I have ask you Baltimoreans a question, what is this and why?

i

1 Like

Omg we did this in my neck of the woods (Philly) with oranges instead of lemons.

2 Likes

Why not? We do it because we do it so what’s it to you? :joy:.

Here’s the background from Baltimore magazine.

1 Like

Same question applies to you Philadelphians then…

1 Like

It was a cheap fun treat lol. As you suck the juice up through the peppermint stick the hole in the center of the stick gets bigger and you get some minty citrus juice.

4 Likes

The original sour candy sort of looks better than the modern day version

4 Likes

I’m sure it makes more sense once you have it but when it was first described to me as “sucking on a lemon through a peppermint stick” I was horrified. An orange sounds a little more appetizing at least haha.

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m interested if and only if listening to @KVV talk about The Wire for an hour (or longer) is part of the event.

1 Like

FAIDLEY’S!

2 Likes

Great crabcake. When my youngest daughter was in the NICU at UMD I would walk over and get Faidleys. There’s other good stuff in the market but I’ve never had any because why would you pass up a great crabcake for something that may not be as great.

Personally I’m torn between Pappas and G&M as the best. Also Roy’s Kwik Corner in Glen Burnie has a quality market crab cake.

2 Likes

While crab cakes are a given, Pit Beef is an important part of the Baltimore experience. This was my Pit Beef spot

https://charcoaldeli.net/

6 Likes

It may be a bit mainstream now. But Chaps bbq is incredible.

4 Likes

I grew up a beefalo bobs guy. Have to admit that I only crave pit beef a couple times a year though. And now today is one of those days. :joy:

3 Likes

Gotta add some boardwalk fries doused in vinegar and Old Bay to go with your Pit Beef sandwich. Lemonade to wash it down.

6 Likes

Might I toss in…

3 Likes