Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2019

I need a 55” TV for my basement and a sound bar. What are the best deals you guys are seeing so far? Need something that doesn’t suck but probably trying to only spend about $500 combined.

1 Like

I would keep on eye on the CNET.com Black Friday deals tracker for this.

2 Likes

You’ll know this already, but be sure to triple check the model number that’s on sale and watch for the old bait and switch. Eg LG OLED55C9PLA is easily mistaken for, I don’t know, LG OLED55C8PLA.

3 Likes

Cannot agree more

1 Like

Roku sound bar (I don’t have it just a fan of roku)

Eyeing this one right now

https://www.costco.com/lg-55"-class---7-series---4k-uhd-led-lcd-tv.product.100488669.html

1 Like

This is a good site for deals…

Re sound bars, this one is meant to be pretty good. Not sure if it’s available in the states though.

1 Like

Tough to beat for $349, no doubt.

I’m an audio snob so any soundbar option that’s gonna keep you under that $500 price point wouldn’t be something I would buy, personally. But there are plenty of functional options out there for that money.

@JBors who will be watching the Tv? If it is just going to be kids watching paw patrol, you probably don’t need a sound bar. If it is going to be just you watching films, then you might want to take a look at some audiophile headphones like these:

You may need a small headphone amp ($30-$50) to drive them, but I guarantee you won’t hear better sound for the $$.

1 Like

Watching a film on a large-ish TV using high quality headphones is an extremely underrated and mind blowing experience. Highly recommend.

2 Likes

In the basement it will mostly be for video games or myself and my wife watching movies/tv.

1 Like

Sam’s is having a big member one day only sale today. Probably a deal on there I’m sure.

Costco 4 lyfe

10 Likes

I have both for the vending biz. Probably overkill but gotta love that suburb life to the fullest.

1 Like

Was gonna post this exact one best deal I’ve seen on a tv in the category you’re looking for

1 Like

Criquet’s black friday deal is live. Tiered discount starting at 20% and going up to 30% if over $350. Big fan of their long sleeve player’s shirt.

3 Likes

Best bang for you buck TV is the TCL 55R613. Costco will have it for $400 on BF I think.

2 Likes

anyone seen any deals for a Clicgear 3.5? trying to hook it up for dad.

1 Like

I think i got a pretty good deal through golf galaxy last year, haven’t seen anything from them yet though

1 Like