Big Cedar (if you know what I mean)

Congrats to @Randy and the rest of the guis on making it to 100 episodes. This was a great listen! That being said, if episode 101 doesn’t include a chat with @KVV reenacting the Mr. Player interview then it’s all for not.

6 Likes

Yes @djpie the hot dogs are always free. I played like the first week of the season. When I teed off at 8 is was below freezing and I was the only person on the course. They made sure to inform me on the first tee that yes hot dogs would be on the rollers.

The guys really summed it up well. I liked Payne’s more than them but I think I big part was the it was preview play and I only played the first 13 holes. Sounds like the rest was the big slog of the round.

Bummed there was no mention of the bridge across the gorge hole on Ozarks.

I definitely avoided Buzzard Bar as well.

The criticism I agreed with the most is that this isn’t really a golf only destination. I had no idea how huge the property was before showing up. I figured golf would be at least a little closer. It essentially off the property.

1 Like

Can’t believe we forgot to talk about that bridge. It was definitely on my list. Built by the Amish with no power tools! Absolutely insane feat!

6 Likes

need an update on Kevin.

4 Likes

I’d fer sure buy a Kevin the Skunk-themed t-shirt.
cc: @sundaybag

4 Likes

I had it in my head the ‘skunk’ would be a creative way to say they were prowling the grounds smoking J’s.

4 Likes

Justine Bateman is best known for her role as Mallory Keaton, the sister of Alex P Keaton played by Michael J Fox on Family Ties.

6 Likes

oh, that’s not all Justine Bateman is known for…Amirite, @desertduffer!!!

4 Likes

Go on…

3 Likes

Listen, I don’t discuss the dalliances of other Refugees. It doesn’t matter if they happened in a bungalow at Chateau Marmont or not, it’s not my business to talk about those private matters…

5 Likes

Big Cedar sounded like a nightmare. I can’t imagine getting a good night sleep in a cabin filled with taxidermy. Let alone the COVID concerns of the pub/bar.

4 Likes

Laz, I start Sober October tomorrow. It’s going to be a rough month, but memories of our old days with Alyssa and Justine will get me through.

(I won’t say Laz and I are “Eskimo Brothers,” because it’s crass. But let’s just say that oftentimes our “double dates” were a fluid (don’t be childish, guise) situation.)

7 Likes

tenor

6 Likes

Is there a way to pin this across the site?

Just to give everyone fair warning.

7 Likes

giphy

?

10 Likes

Getting hammered tonight?

Nah. Maybe a half bottle of wine with dinner, and then drink the Pappy sample I brought to Sweetens but didn’t get selected for the tasting.

2 Likes

That is exactly how I would respond.

1 Like

A 2011 review on Tripadvisor:

Watch your step…you will be stepping on skunks everywhere at night! When you complain, the front desk will tell you that skunks were “here before you were, and that they are part of the wilderness experience” and they don’t have any plans to address all of the skunks. They actually encourage you to feed them, never mind the fact that skunks will spray you, and can carry rabies. I am the biggest outdoorsman I know of, and I don’t appreciate being concerned about running into skunks within 5-10’ every night, which is often the case. Neither do my children, parents, friends, nor anyone else I know. I have been to The
Wilderness Club dozens of time, 2 of my family members are owners there, and skunks are getting worse with every trip. If they don’t address this, and start treating owners with respect by addressing these concerns, we won’t be back, and will be sure to give them all the press they never wanted over this!!! Remove the SKUNKS or else!!! Clear!!! Next stop - Johnny Morris!

2 Likes

Have you reached out to Alyssa since she started “losing hair”? I saw her on San Vicente. She looks 55 years old.

1 Like