Best Workouts for Golf

Seeing what are the best workouts someone can do to improve their game. Not necessarily distance, but just have good balance, rhythm, and distance would be nice as well.

How out of shape are you? Like, can you dunk? Where you’re starting from makes a huge difference.

Yoga works really well. It’s a great combination of balance, flexibility, and strength. I did an hour of yoga one morning, then went out and played golf and I swear my swing never felt so good. It was smooth and comfortable with much less effort. All the uncomfortable, awkward positions it gets you in make your golf swing feel like an easy motion to make.

Crossfit, I’m soft as the pilsbury dough boy but my game has vastly improved.

This is my workout that’s somewhat ‘geared’ toward golf. The key to all these movements is that you’re ‘quick, and crisp’ with your reps. That means at a weight where you can do this safely and not in a jerky motion. Basically don’t jerk off in the gym.

Warm Up (Every Time)
Body Weight Squats (20x)
Dynamic Runner Lunges (20x)
Lateral Lunges (10x)
Dynamic Chest Stretch (20x)
Dynamic Hamstring Stretch (10x)
Dynamic Quad Stretch (10x)
Side Lying T Stretch (6x)
World’s Greatest Stretch (6x)

Legs and Back Circuit (3x):
Barbell Deadlifts 5 Reps
Dumbbell Rows (8 reps)
Machine Rows (5 Reps)
Plank Leg Lifts (20x)
Rotational Med Ball Slams (20x)
Reverse Dumbbell Lunges (10 each)
Pull Ups (10x)
Lat pull Downs 5 reps

Chest Arms and Shoulders Circuit (3x):
Military Press 5 Reps
Pec flies (5 Reps)
Dumbbell bench press (5 reps)
Preacher Curls (5 reps)
Dumbbell curls (5 Reps)
Lat pull downs (8 Reps)
Shoulder shrugs

Cool down:
Quad Rockers 10
Worlds Greatest Stretch 6x
Side Lying Quad Stretch (30 seconds)
Lower back stretch (30 seconds)

I’m not a professional, and don’t really know what I’m talking about, but the above workout works for me.

What is legs & back circuit?

If you are more interested in stretching and short on time, this book fits the bill:

However, if you are a very active person, you will want something more rigorous than what’s covered here.

Sorry for the confusion the workouts listed below make up that ‘circuit’.

Here is a very good place to start, will not only improve, strength and conditioning, but also designed around mobility which is pretty important when swinging a golf club

Check out the offseason project that Andrew rice put out. It’s really good stuff and goes through swing and gym stuff

https://www.andrewricegolf.com/digital-downloads/

This video is designed to help you improve your golf game during those months when you may not be able to get to the range or golf course. All the drills and exercises are created to be performed indoors without hitting golf balls. We have put together some great tips and drills on how to improve your mechanics and speed in the comfort of your own home. 40 Minute Video