Best public courses in Palm Springs

Heading to Palm Springs for a buddy’s bachelor party in May. Looking for two great courses that aren’t crazy expensive. Any recommendations?

I was just in palm springs last week and while I didn’t play any public courses while I was there I did book my tee times on standbygolf.com, it takes unused tee times and books them at cheaper rates. For instance the Mountain course at La Quinta (which is amazing, definitely go there) normally is $170 a round I got for $90. In my experience nothing is really cheap out there but the golf is great and that site helps keep costs down.

Really good starting point is Escena ($100?) by the airport. It’s fun, a little challenging and a great way to start a trip. Bonus points if you’re staying in Palm Springs proper because it is right next to the action. For the next round look at the Palm Desert municipal courses at Desert Willow. Both Desert Willow courses (Fire Cliff and Mountain View) are very nice probably a little closer to $150-200.
The Players course at Indian Wells is also worth playing.

Like Laz said, Escena was fun and challenging, and the Desert Willow courses are very nice. I think the Mountain View course at Desert Willow is better than Fire Cliff. The greens on Fire Cliff all feel to be sculpted the same and some of the holes feel similar, too. The Mountain View course has great variety in comparison.

We ended up going to Escena and it was awesome. Thanks for the recommendation!