Armchair Architect Needed: Help design backyard wedge range

Not exactly sure what gravel costs. @BCNSuper paid $600 bucks for 10 ton of gravel, 10 ton of 4-inch rock, 3 metal lined concrete culverts.

Deal was too good to pass up.

You guys are awesome, I think a great highlight would be an @TomCoyne visit for his next book. That would have to be a highlight!

2 Likes

As far as I know, heā€™s planning on it. He confirmed in our KC group.

6 Likes

I donā€™t know the answer to that immediately but I can find the answer via another forum. Youā€™d have to be running Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf via steamā€¦ the cost is considerably higher for the sim side (250 a year) but totally worth it. Is this a business sim your going to or is it a friends sim?

Alright, so push the envelope, a golfers journal podcast recorded in the barn!

2 Likes

Oh yeah - @TomCoyne took over the TGJ pod completely it sounds like?

Oh, that is happening. Two steps, or months, ahead of you.

24 Likes

That is also a lock.

23 Likes

Thanks! Itā€™s a business sim, but run by the people weā€™re renting a house from, and they seem pretty cool about things.

Does this mean a BCN story is coming to the the actual Journal as well?! (Assuming this is the case as, at least in the past, the podcast has provided additional color to the print stories.)

Could be!

5 Likes

Just had an idea. If anyone has the simulator software and plays BCN regularly, please screen record (easy to do on an iPad or computer) one of your rounds and post it to YouTube or Vimeo.
Would be awesome for guys here to see a play-through for those of us that donā€™t have that specific simulator or software

5 Likes

Working on the new and improved version with the barn, house, cars passing by on the road, this new bridge concept that came out of nowhere, a U bunker around the front of #4, a gas tank with the SGB logo, building a huge cottonwood tree in a virtual tree modeler now that I have good pics of the branches, darrenā€™s house, a step system up to the 6 green. biggest question is the creek a lateral hazard everywhere? Iā€™m not a great mind on the rules of golf.

Once I get that done, Iā€™ll stream a round and post it on here for you guys to get a feel for the place. It definitely helps me look at the pics @BCNSuper and @sundaybag post and immediately recognize the vision.

8 Likes

I mean penalty hazard. Is it lateral penalty hazard?

Awesome. Iā€™ll snap a shit load of pics here in the next 30 mins or so.

Letā€™s just do lateral everywhere in the creek.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Bastard

2 Likes

I really thought BCN was on my computer screen. THAT would have been the publicization you guys needed

4 Likes

If only the USGA could decide on rules that easilyā€¦

3 Likes

We are so backā€¦ Had the saws running and logged 17 hours out at BCN this weekend.

There is only 1 tree now standing in the way of being completely open and clear. We finished clearing 7 tee on Sunday.

This is what we were looking at before the weekend:
IMG_6500

And now:
IMG_7099

Golf shots were hit. Confirmed - itā€™s a fun shot.

Did a lot of picking up sticks and clearing low hanging brush. Can finally see clearly across the creek to the 7th green:
IMG_7097

Looking back up at the Mesa that houses 6 green and 7 tee. Such an interesting geological feature:
IMG_7100

So many sticks laying around. Going to take a few weekend of work just to pick up sticks. Will need a KC all hands on deck stick picking party to knock this out.

Cleared out all the brush from the run up to 1 green. Took down a few more trees around the green - mostly for turf conditions and sunlight. Look how muddy it was on Saturday:

Darren and his lady even stopped by. Of course, Darren wantā€™s some of the hardwoods we dropped this weekend. Such a picky outdoors-man! IMG_7092

@Rocco came out and spent some time with us yesterday. We were lucky enough to finally play the routing! Very upbeat after knocking it around.

So whatā€™s next? Luckily the momentum will continue today and throughout the week. Our friends from Arboles are back this morning and working on the land bridge. That will be a game changer when complete. We are in need of some decent weather. The mud makes everything twice as long to complete. Nice sunny day today but 3 days straight of rain to follow. Hopefully the frost layer is melted now and wonā€™t add to the mess. Next weekend looks good and we will be out there cleaning up. So much clean up left to do! Planting season is right around the corner and Iā€™m hopeful we will be ready.

34 Likes