Armchair Architect Needed: Help design backyard wedge range

Interesting development. We are getting a big nix on the red from a few of the SGB crew. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Love the red barn.

4 Likes

Limited edition heady run lol

2 Likes

You guys taking suggestions on the type of hats?

Not too big on the red. It makes it feel cluttered. Should be only 2 colors

2 Likes

I personally like the red, but it was more just a thought then anything.

Everyone and their brother has been wearing this hat in Minnesota for the last couple of years, to the point where it has gotten obnoxiousā€¦so something that stands out different with a pop of color is especially appealing to meā€¦but again, only because Iā€™m sick of seeing the MN hat.

1 Like

Yes. Please. Bring on all the hat suggestions.

Hear you big time on this. We do understand that the design is not entirely original. Ideally want to have multiple options so you can choose your favorite style. The 4 part circle seems to be such a good fit for a universally accepted hat patch (imagine that is why you have seen so many people wearing the MN hat!). When we are needing to buy 75+ hats to get the wholesale price, something that will actually sell is of upmost importance as we need those proceeds for the course come April. We will shoot our shot with some bold original designs (like the barn) when the time is ripe.

Oh yeah, that wasnā€™t meant to be construed as a complaint with the patch style and the somewhat universal nature of its design.

I actually personally like the 4 part circle, and think adding some color would be a nice differentiating spin on the design.

My complaint about the Minnesota hat, really had nothing to do with BCN, Iā€™m just sick of seeing everyone wearing the exact same MN hat everywhere I goā€¦but thatā€™s a me problem. Ha!

Never took it as a slight by any means. We are still figuring it out.

As @BCNSuper said, we gotta have a heady run for those so inclined to don a splash of color. Could for sure see a specialty dozen with the red barn. That is the one I would be wearing.

1 Like

Top one is best, IMO.

Red barn or nah?

Keeping it fairly simple is definitely best for the first time around - something that appeals to most/all (single, solid color hat with patch) so you can buy at a very good volume discount, confident that they will be sold ASAP. You slap one of those patches on a white, grey, or other solid color hat, youā€™ll be in business. Put me down for 4+ hats.

2 Likes

I prefer the black and white only.

2 Likes

Darren is happy to hear that

2 Likes

Thankfully Iā€™m not the only one who thinks those MN hats have oversaturated the local headwear market. So many people own this. I almost see this more than Twins hats haha

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m all in on this

Red for sure

Thinkin about a way to incorporate the red. Agree that filling it in with red might not be the best option but it would almost be a disservice to not add a splash of red in some way(maybe just an outline) to rep the Original logo. Way down to have a bunch of variations on it though, looking into reversing the logo too.

1 Like

This logo debate perfectly mirrors the one ongoing amongst the staff at SGB Holdings