Anyone else enjoy playing classic equipment?

I would definitely be interested in a classic club outing!

I think Scotty Cameron started stamping SC onto Bullseyes around 94-95, but who cares, I really like the idea of making sets based on eras!

Just scored a set of Titleist 962B irons, 2-SW for around ten bucks an iron on local eBay. Obviously Aussie golfers are oblivious to the quality of these clubs. Can’t wait to get them out for a retro round.

You’ve broke my heart. My pro bought a set of louisville hickories(the 5 club starter set). I played 6 holes today and had the most fun and was set to buy some old restored hickories but now I’m put off agyer reading point 1 and 2 together.

The biggest difference you will see is with the woods. its really tough to find original hickory woods that are in playing shape and are also easy to hit. It can be quite a search to find a brassie or spoon that is original that actually matches up with your swing but to some thats half the fun. Louisville Hickories are great and you know what shaft you will be getting and they are much easier to hit. Playable original irons can be had for a song if you know what you are looking for and know who to by from.

If you are on the fence maybe get a Louisville Hickory Wood and source original mid iron, mashie, mashie niblick, niblick, and putter.

Nice. I’ve found a few sites in the U.k(im in ireland) selling restored irons. I could pick 4 of those up handily and then grab the louisville wood. Thanks for your help.

On a side note, I haven’t played on my own in 10 years yet had the most fun playing without a range finder just trying to figure out how to get the ball to the green with the hickories.

Ping Eye 2s, Sombrero Greentree heel shaft blade. :sunglasses::golfing_man:t3:‍♂