Agronomy staff and Superintendents Unite

Understood. As a defacto greens keeper myself, I want to know how to do it right. The push and twist method just never really gets it done well for me. I’ll keep hitting greens so I can practice.

2 Likes

This is great, so many questions to task…

• Can Scotts lawn care program help me create a putting green in my front yard?
  • When you’re busy mowing a fairway, can I just go ahead and hit?
  • How much do you guys really hate gophers? Is Hollywood accurate?
  • When you cut one difficult pin, how many old geezers tell you about how unfair it was?
  • Is exiting through the lip of a bunker that big of a deal? What if it’s only three times per round?
  • What did the greens stimp at today? At least 12, right?

In all seriousness, thanks to all supers and grounds crew members. The real MVPs.

6 Likes

The grass is very flexible, hence the ball mark, think about bringing the high side back to the middle, rocking motion, tap the top down and good to go.

1 Like

They should re-make it around goose poop and worm castings IMO.

7 Likes

Scott’s has everything you need and your mower works too.
Hit the ball, just know you won’t find it.
Gophers do suck but golphers are worse.
The ladies groups are the worst with “difficult” pins.
If you rake it, exit where you please.
Standard answer, tournament speeds.

2 Likes

Waiting for @Randy to come thru…

1 Like

I think he will once he regains consciousness from the excitement of this thread being started

1 Like

Is the divot pattern on the range really THAT big of a deal? I feel like half of my instagram is “influencers” (yes, this is on me) preaching divot patterns on the IG Tour

1 Like

May I make one request of players? This may not be the case at all courses, but consider that the bunker rakes may be in their place for a reason. Is it harmful to find one rake tossed up on the bank on the opposite side of the others? No, but it would be cool to not have to cross the bunker and rake the prints just because it had to be put back.

1 Like

I’ll defer to the experts on what it does for the grass, but it’s easier for me to fill it back in if I can dump the mix in one spot

1 Like

I work for a company that produces liquid and dry fertilizer products for golf courses. Am I allowed to sell product on the refuge?
Cc @MerchCzar @Randy

Yes. scooping out a hula-hoop worth of tron divots will take a month or more to heal. A few “landing strips” circa mid 2000s worth of turf heals in a couple weeks.

3 Likes

YES! That huge door mat digit pattern most golfers make is the worst! Grass grows, so if you keep thinner channels for it to fill back in, it will happen so much faster. Courses up north can seed to help speed up the process.

No!

2 Likes

Allow me to clarify, I am not talking the difference between a landing strip and the scattered craters, but more so is there a huge difference between the landing strip and say one bit fat square of divots?

Essentially this

2 Likes

Agreed, rakes should be on low side of bunker and in or outside of it is dependent upon the course.

The concentrated will take the longest to fill back in.

Deal! Haha.

Mashes Bookmark thread button

1 Like

the doormat worth of trenched turf is the worst possible scenario.

3 Likes

Well noted! I’d actually have to practice for this to matter, but was always curious

3 Likes