A vote for Eric Denver is a vote for common sense, liberty, and laissez-faire. The no-spin zone!

2 Likes

Quiet! Not everyone knows about the goodness of that thread!

No

8 Likes

Oh but didn’t you hear? It was just a disagreement about parenting styles.
If it happened a long time ago it doesn’t count because you can just create a completely different version of events of what happened that makes you look better because you know no one will take the time to go back and read it and most of the worst shit is deleted.

9 Likes

This is the biggest problem I have with the whole deal.

Reading back, nothing he said is that unreasonable. But I did read everything while it was still up, and there are definitely two versions in my head now.

4 Likes

Go with the version that got someone banned for multiple months.

8 Likes

And here lies my biggest issue with the flagging of posts. Unless something crosses a legal boundary, I see no reason for a group of similarly-minded “adults” to wake @Randy up from his nap to police our debates, no matter how offensive we might find someone’s comment. I remember watching the events unfold in real time (and was probably participating to one degree or another) but don’t know for sure if/when/where a line was crossed, but now we can’t go back and “check the tapes”. I understand that ED made some inflammatory, accusations toward one of us and was put in the penalty box. Maybe he was acting maliciously to trigger a retaliation, maybe he gets his chuckles by antagonizing people for sport or maybe he was pushing the boundaries to better equip us to deal with conflict and adversity that might surface in other places in our lives.

Edit to add, this is not a blanket defense of his or anyone’s actions, but just my own thoughts about what makes some people tick.

4 Likes

I kind of like a leader that pushes the limits.

At the edge of uncomfortable is where greatness happens

4 Likes

Trent Dilfer 4 President.

Alive Refugees only. Or is it dead refugees only? Who can say.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I have a good idea of what was said. It’s just not there any longer. And it was awhile ago, and it’s difficult to accuse someone of saying things that were said, when you don’t have proof, or don’t vividly recall specifics.

1 Like

Give me a break! I was stating an opinion that millions of parents would agree with. Including all of Sunday Bag’s co-workers if no one remembers that! Did some mudslinging occur? Yes, but everyone was slinging it! It was a spirited debate.

You guys are acting like I came in here and started spouting Mein Kampf quotes!

5 Likes

The old “there were bad people on both sides” argument. Spare me.

There was only one person that got banned in that debacle. GTFOH with your revisionist history.

11 Likes

Why do we feel the need to REPEATEDLY bring up topics that we all want left in the past…like this happens over and over and over again, and we sit here wondering why

5 Likes

The refuge is a flat circle

10 Likes

It was like 5 weeks and about 5 weeks too long. @aannddyy00, Ouimet has distorted what happened in his own mind to fit his image of me as some big bad villain. A spirited debate occurred, mudslinging occurred by multiple people (myself included) and the mature adults moved on while one particularly petulant man continues to whine about it to everyone like he was tortured in a POW camp. It’s embarrassing. Move on!

1 Like

Yeah, there has never been an example of an unjust conviction in the history of law. What did I do that was so terrible? Sometimes in a spirited debate mudslinging happens, but I don’t recall it ever getting into truly out of bounds territory.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be aware if that’s what you were actually doing.

1 Like

Someone just tell me what the fuck was said, please. Thanks.

3 Likes

Well, let’s say @Eric_Durango writes “I can’t believe Phil hit a moving ball! What a R-word!” and I am offended by the R word and I don’t want others to see it and be offended, I flag it.

The problem is this type of post gets flagged… “Hey I played Boston GC and it sucks. @anon26814599 is a real idiot if he likes that course.”

Is the problem the word idiot? Or is the problem the fact that someone would call @anon26814599 an idiot? Or, maybe, is the problem @anon26814599’s overreacting to being called an idiot?

I don’t know.

4 Likes

It’s not really up to you to make the call of how offensive your words are.

5 Likes

7 Likes