A vote for Eric Denver is a vote for common sense, liberty, and laissez-faire. The no-spin zone!

The Refuge should be led by someone who will embrace a laissez-faire approach to governing. Internet forums are intended to be the Wild West, where pretty much anything goes except for clear breaches in decency. The advent of user moderation to The Refuge would only further pollute already murky waters, creating an arbitrary system that would be very susceptible to corruption. One only needs to look to thousands of other forums on the Internet to see the destructive results of user moderation on places that should be bastions of free speech and spirited debate. Allowing more moderation will enable petty moderators to hold grudges against whoever they please, laying down the law on someone purely out of spite. It will only serve to inhibit the enjoyment for those who dare to go against the grain on any particular subject.

We’ve already seen Refugees unjustly suspended by the long arm of the law. Let’s not let that become a prevalent occurrence.

Vote for Eric “ED” Denver!

A vote for common sense, liberty, and small government!

33 Likes

This is the @Lazstradamus announcement?

16 Likes

@Randy

35 Likes

If @Eric_Denver wins, will he show up at a Refuge event?

11 Likes

I’m glad I unmuted ED. there are some good points in there, if we’re being real.

Also looking forward to his unmasking in the Zoom debate.

16 Likes

(I’ve been saying this for about two months)

15 Likes

You’re my dude and I should have listened then.

1 Like

1 Like

“Any moderator in their right mind is going to ban me for being a fuckhead so please vote for me instead” is a great platform to run on.

13 Likes

Part of the ED hate is down to what makes the refuge great. Personalities are easily identified. For better or worse.

13 Likes

Looks around nervously

5 Likes

Um. I. Um. Yes.

3 Likes

40 Likes

How am I supposed to vote for someone who I cannot even be certain is real? You have declined my request for vetting your credentials. You have never posted a photo here. Your name is Eric Denver, yet you cast your vote in Washington state. A defiant act, but one as hopeless as throwing a small red apple into the vast blue Pacific.

Will you agree to a live debate where I can ask you a series of rapid fire questions to prove you are even worth considering as a candidate?

16 Likes

this is honestly one of those things where my gut reaction would have been “there’s no way that would happen, people wouldn’t get that petty on message boards” but I’ve been on reddit long enough to know that absolutely can happen. The world is a strange place.

Also @jaygrizzle it’s always a delight when you come around.

5 Likes

Am I going to vote for @Eric_Denver?

No (nothing personal)

But, does he make some legitimate points? Yes - and if anyone refuses to admit that it’s probably because they did make things personal with him and forgot one of the key lessons from The Godfather:

giphy-4

6 Likes

are there TLDRs for people…? Asking as a (fairly) recent refuge newb…

2 Likes

No sir, happy reading!

Don’t shy away from the “summarize” button though up top at the bottom of each post

4 Likes

I cannot wait for ED to win this election. A vote for @Eric_Denver is a vote to protect our individual (posting) liberties. Keep the (refuge) government away from our keyboards!

7 Likes

Why does @Eric_Denver have to prove who he is? Do I walk into church and ask “gonna need to see a sign from the Big Guy Upstairs before I throw any money in that hat, Mr. Preacherman.” No. No I do not.

5 Likes