A thread for the Texas folks

Moody Gardens is awesome…best course down there!

4 Likes

Anyone wanna get a group together somewhere tomorrow?

Wilderness at lake Jackson if you can make the hour each way.

1 Like

Moody is great. Two completely different courses depending on wind direction/strength. The Wilderness is, in my opinion, one of the best courses in the area while managing to be completely unpretentious. For a course of this caliber.

I mean it’s $60 for all day play, coffee and a breakfast sandwich and an amazing course. There is nothing around even close to that value.

1 Like

Anyone attending the “Golfinyourstate” event here in dallas on sunday?

considering it. I live in Austin. I’m actually playing golf with Matt today so he’ll probably convince me to come up!!!

1 Like

@imsocrabby @EdEddEddie did y’all end up going to this? I went out to Keeton tonight to hit balls and saw some big groups playing together and the van. Looked like a good time.

I didn’t. I picked up a few lessons so couldn’t make it.

I think he’s going to try and set up something in ATX.

what was it? I didnt hear about it

I’m a big fan of John Sosa at River Place.

1 Like

Well gang it looks like I’m moving up towards McKinney in a few months. Anyone that plays north of Dallas regularly? Also looking at Hurricane Creek CC as an option.

1 Like

I would suggest inquiring at TPC Craig Ranch on current membership deals. They have been struggling for quite some time and think there are some deals to be had. Hurricane Creek…is…not so good…

Kyle! Glad to find you here. Big time Backer and loved your stuff on PGP. Unfortunately not in TX anymore, but keep up the good work. BTW Laredo Taco Co. in the Stripes gas stations are pretty good, barbacoa especially.

Holy cow this paired with camping in Big Bend sounds like a dream. Glad to hear it’s feasible.

1 Like

Hey man, appreciate that. Have had the Washed guys on a few eps of my podcast. Laredo Taco Co tacos were my go-to before every game in college. Not too shabby at all.

2 Likes

I once ran into this fella out in that part of the world. It’s an interesting place

2 Likes

Give me all the opinions about Hackberry. I live super close and work nearby in Las Colinas. Been a public guy all my short “career”. Mainly play my golf at The GC of Dallas/Cedar Crest. Cheers

1 Like

Not living there anymore, but born and raised in the McKinney area. Craig Ranch is a great option, there’s also Eldorado and Stonebridge Ranch. If you wanna head towards Frisco, Stonebriar is probably a Top 10 in the Metroplex, but commuting that way can be a pain. When I was in high school, I played (and worked) at Heritage Ranch which is technically Allen/Fairview and it’s pretty low traffic, mainly because it’s in a retirement community.

Absolutely incredible