A thread for the Texas folks

Flower Mound checking in. I play Bridlewood mostly but have played most of the courses around town, particularly the west side.

2 Likes

I grew up in flower mound and played bridlewood a ton. The range membership now is a great deal.

Also @brandlescramblee is from flower mound as well I believe.

1 Like

The new ownership at Bridlewood has done a great job. I’ve got the social membership which is very reasonable and gets great golf perks. I play any day after 1:00 for $6 (3:00 in the summer).

2 Likes

The new management has done a great job. I really like the layout of the course and I feel like it is maintained better now.

1 Like

I heard it was in great condition right now

2 Likes

Our golf team practiced there and I loved the course but the greens got baked out and basically died one summer. Glad to hear Bridlewood is doing well.

Anyone know of good courses north of McKinney? May be spending some time up that way for work, and I’m hoping to get out for a few rounds.

Not much on the North side. Heritage Ranch is on the SE side. Members play in the mornings. Usually pretty open in the afternoons. It’s in good condition now… as long as the floods stay away.

1 Like

Checking in from Coppell. Usually playing at Hackberry Creek. Always happy to host if anyone’s looking to get a Saturday/Sunday game in.

2 Likes

Clutch city here. Playing the Wilderness in Lake Jackson tomorrow. I’m a 16 handicap but play crack fast… If anyone is up for a game I’m in the area let me know…

2 Likes

If you have never been before you are in for a real treat. That place is so amazing

Anyone wanna get a round in today? It’s my last chance of the year

I’m here with you man, Woodlands area. I said this in another thread too… but for my money Woodforest CC is the best kept secret in Houston area. Top course for me…

1 Like

Had the exact same experience. Don’t know why I even showed up the 2nd day.

A logistical nightmare, but if anyone has the time/means to make it to Lajitas Golf Resort, I highly recommend it. The layout was manageable, course condition was phenomenal for December, and the views were unreal.

Brought my camping gear, a variety pack of White Claw, and pitched in a tent in Big Bend National Park for the night. A sublime way to cap the 2019 golf season.

14 Likes

Not that I’ll ever get to play but any courses open on Xmas… mainly looking at the DFW area

insider tip…

just pull into the parking lot and start walking. many take the pins out but the holes are still there. no one around to tell you no.

if I was near one and the weather was decent…that’s the first thing I would do.

2 Likes

San Antonio peeps who need a Christmas fix…my friend DO gets it:

1 Like

Ha ha. Our super lives on the course and takes the dog for lots of walks/ drives. I think a lot of people living on the course are narcs. They report people who drive on the course on cart path only days as well.

plenty of places in town where you can do it and no one knows you.

I grew up doing it. a lot of public places have a drop box for fees. lol. pretty sure sweetens does.

1 Like