A thread for the Texas folks

Checking in from Coppell. Usually playing at Hackberry Creek. Always happy to host if anyone’s looking to get a Saturday/Sunday game in.

2 Likes

Clutch city here. Playing the Wilderness in Lake Jackson tomorrow. I’m a 16 handicap but play crack fast… If anyone is up for a game I’m in the area let me know…

2 Likes

If you have never been before you are in for a real treat. That place is so amazing

Anyone wanna get a round in today? It’s my last chance of the year

I’m here with you man, Woodlands area. I said this in another thread too… but for my money Woodforest CC is the best kept secret in Houston area. Top course for me…

1 Like

Had the exact same experience. Don’t know why I even showed up the 2nd day.

A logistical nightmare, but if anyone has the time/means to make it to Lajitas Golf Resort, I highly recommend it. The layout was manageable, course condition was phenomenal for December, and the views were unreal.

Brought my camping gear, a variety pack of White Claw, and pitched in a tent in Big Bend National Park for the night. A sublime way to cap the 2019 golf season.

15 Likes

Not that I’ll ever get to play but any courses open on Xmas… mainly looking at the DFW area

insider tip…

just pull into the parking lot and start walking. many take the pins out but the holes are still there. no one around to tell you no.

if I was near one and the weather was decent…that’s the first thing I would do.

2 Likes

San Antonio peeps who need a Christmas fix…my friend DO gets it:

1 Like

Ha ha. Our super lives on the course and takes the dog for lots of walks/ drives. I think a lot of people living on the course are narcs. They report people who drive on the course on cart path only days as well.

plenty of places in town where you can do it and no one knows you.

I grew up doing it. a lot of public places have a drop box for fees. lol. pretty sure sweetens does.

1 Like

I’m sure you are right. Have a happy holiday!

1 Like

75 degrees in DFW today. Perfect weather, holiday, and the clubhouse closed. The Pro and I joked today might be the busiest day of the year for the course.

Also, flags are in

3 Likes

Just joined, excited to get out there course looks in great shape. We gotta play sometime.

Frankly as someone who lives on the course, I would not have the damn energy. The only time I have ever felt an urge to try to report anyone was when I was pretty sure someone playing in the member guest moved the out of bounce post between my backyard and the course. I did not see it happen though.

Sure. Probably me also. But I don’t actually live on the course. But there are all kinds of people who do. We have people who volunteer for usga as course raters and referree college matches and will stick their nose on your match even when you have it under control. The course super strongly believes that some of the scars left during frozen ground in December won’t be healed by June even. So he’s always out there ringing the bell about not sneaking on and even more so because we have a lot of homeowners that have their own carts and certainly don’t follow cart paths only.

Regardless I’m sure not everyone does it and certainly influenced by the culture of the club.

Yeah. I guess I am just a lot more of the idea that as long as you are not being an asshole it is not my job to play spy. It is probably also in part because I will play more than 5 in a group if the course is mostly empty and we aren’t holding anyone up.

Tryna get a round in tomorrow morning and maybe get a group together Tuesday for a last round of the year, any takers? Dfw area but can travel Tuesday for the right course

Going to Galveston in late January… what public courses are the best