A thread for the Texas folks

Damn, it looks to be in great shape. I go hit balls at Arlington Golf Center during lunch occasionally. Drove by Rangers and noticed how good it was looking. Fingers crossed the rain stays away for the round.

1 Like

9 is a menace but it’s a great hole.

Considering booking a guys golf trip out to Pine Dunes. Have any of you stayed in the condos on site there along the 18th hole? Looking at some reviews online makes it sound like the accommodations are pretty rough, but I would more so trust people’s take on this forum, so would be curious to hear your thoughts.

We definitely don’t need 5-star hotel level or anything, but since I’m the one organizing it for a group, I don’t want it to be embarrassing either. I appreciate the feedback and also any specific tips about the experience at Pine Dunes in general. Thanks.

I have. We actually just booked another stay and play out there in May for 8 of us. We always stay in the ‘Rooms’ and not the ‘condos’. The rooms are little portable buildings, but they’re no worse than a motel. Haven’t been in the condos but I imagine they’d be a little nicer.
We barely spent any time in the rooms outside of sleeping and showering. They have a grill where we grilled out and hung out by the 18th green. They’re super laid back out there.
If you do stay make sure people know the accommodations are more akin to a motel. It’s really nice just hanging out in the woods out there.
You could always do the tempest in Gladewater if they wanted to stay somewhere nicer. You can rent new townhomes out there. Never played there but it looks awesome.

1 Like

Sharing this over here as well if anyone wants to join:

Canyons is the best and hardest of the three. However, the clubhouse is away from the main resort and will require a drive over to it. Foothills is a really solid course and the best of the remaining two courses that are located at the resort IMO.

Hey all. Anyone want to join @Gnome and I Tuesday afternoon at Hawks Creek in Fort Worth? I booked a foursome for 1:40 p.m., and we’d love to have a couple of y’all join us!

1 Like

Pine Dunes is my favorite golf stop in Texas. Everything jarizzle says is true; it ain’t a resort :). There are several very nice, newer condos, but they reserve those for the “members”. But you aren’t there for the rooms; you’re there for a 5-star golf course and a 5-star hang, at a 5-star value/cost. Your group will NOT be disappointed. The rooms are Motel6-level quality, but they’re clean, warm (or cold, depending on the need), they have a sink and a shower, and they’re VERY close to both a bbq grill and the 18th green. For night putting. With the daughter of the dean. (Just go. you won’t be disappointed).

2 Likes

The night putting was really fun. We actually went all the way to the practice putting green which has a ton of contour and is massive. Staying out there is such a great time.

Anyone in Dallas open to trying to play Friday afternoon? Cedar Crest seems to have a wide open tee sheet.

Posting this here as well, in case anyone wants to play Rockwood on Monday. Couple of spots open!

Did you make a tee time? I’d be interested in playing tomorrow afternoon.

I did not. Decided to set up multiple TV’s and watch basketball all afternoon.

Hopefully the weather cooperates the next couple weeks and we can make something work!

2 Likes

Anyone else saddened to not see the Colonial event on the schedule?

4 Likes

looks like it is still on the Master sheet?

It wasn’t in the newsletter so I was basing it off that.

It’s still on. Tron posted in the Gearhart thread that it will be the next announced event. I’d say next week.

3 Likes

I would guess they’re still ironing out the final details. At least there’s a date (4/29)

2 Likes

I’ve been in constant alt + F5 mode all day in anticipation.

I just had three spots open up at Rangers 10:30 Saturday if anyone wants to join. I’ll just cancel if I don’t hear anything by tomorrow afternoon.