A thread for the Texas folks

Love that course. I think it would be an awesome location and would signup in a second.

2 Likes

Heyo- Long time listener, first time caller. Live over on the west side of the metroplex in the midcities. Always looking to get a good game with some like minded golfers. Play to about an 11, and like to take my PTO for golf only. Anyone ever looking for a Friday afternoon round, i am your guy.

1 Like

Hey everyone.

I’m up in Philly but coming down to Austin in a few weeks. I have an 810am tee time at Wolfdancer on Monday the 17th. I can’t get any of the schmucks I work with to commit to playing. Any interest from folks here?

Rockwood is perfect for this.

1 Like

Can vouch for those burnt ends

2 Likes

Welcome amigo! As far as I have heard it will remain at TF. Should be in July still …with qualifiers usually at the Dallas City public courses…Cedar Crest etc…

1 Like

I won’t be able to make it, but you’ll love the course. Played it this past summer and it’s a fun track. Great land and great hole. Have fun!

Any San Antonio golfers in the thread? in my opinion it’s a low-key great golf city

4 Likes

Two of my favorite tournament stops in college were River Crossing and Comanche Trace.

1 Like

You should check out the Duel at the Alamo thread. Think we need one more for 40.

1 Like

I am in my friend - see you out there

2 Likes

I am in SA along with @cgroom and a few others nearby.

2 Likes

Any Dallas Brookhaven people here?

The only downside of rockwood for an event is they have no grille. Their new one won’t be done until next year. Need to do post round beers somewhere after.

1 Like

Late to this comment but I’m also in SA

Hey y’all, first post here. Been in Dallas for about 3 years now after moving from Phoenix. Currently at a 4.1 but that’ll be taking a sharp turn upward here shortly.

Open to getting out on Sundays and potentially a short roadtrip here and there.

2 Likes

Sunday’s forecast is looking promising! Anyone want to get a group together? I know some of y’all need a tune up before San Antonio!

What’s up guys. Central Texan living in Cameron, home of the prestigious 9 hole track that is Cameron Country Club. It’s not what you’d consider a standard Country Club by any means, but I’ve never had to book a tee time and we can usually start 9 or 18 wherever we can find a gap in play. Also been known to play 54 with @NF12Gigem more than a time or 2. It’s a weather dependent course so it can get pretty baked out in the summer, but we try to take care of the greens and tee boxes and it’s good to us.

2 Likes

Oh shit someone lives in Cameron. I played in the Aggie Mom’s tourney out there last year, and my foursome lost 1st place to a fivesome :upside_down_face:. My territory covers Milam County so I’m up your way alot.
Are y’all always cart path only on all holes?

1 Like

I could get interested. When and where are you thinkin?