A thread for the Texas folks

Thanks, I had a tough first day then gave it a run Sunday. Couldn’t have done it without @daltonbmiller on my bag.

4 Likes

As fellow Texans… can we talk about Bryson (lives in Dallas) asking for relief from two fire ants?

5 Likes

Dude oh my god it’s such bullshit

Also literally has a view of the Lewisville dump on a few holes

1 Like

For sure. He lives around the corner from me. Maybe I should go check his yard for any unscrupulous insect testing.

1 Like

Lotta good Bryson banter here too

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/can-i-like-bryson-the-gang-debates-using-exercise-machines-peds-to-win-golf-tournaments/2626

Put this on his porch…

Sickest troll move ever.

3 Likes

He must be play DN way too much to think you’re getting relief from an old hole with a couple little guys. Had one once at Stevens that upon grounding the club erupted, would’ve had them all over me. THAT sounds more like necessary relief.

1 Like

We now have the answer to Sergio’s tantrum…
tenor-2

Has anyone here played Oeste Ranch in Weatherford before? Playing on Sunday and not sure what it’s all about.

Not a pitch and putt, but I hear the new PGA is going to have an enormous putting course.

That’s cool. The actual city of Dallas needs something, selfishly. I hope they use some of the land at Tenny Glen for it .

4 Likes

If you ever get north enough to George Bush I believe there’s a pitch and putt in Richardson opening up called the golf ranch

1 Like

Boy, am I not a fan of courses that don’t let you book a solo outing online. I can go to Kissing Tree or Vaaler or Lighthouse and they will happily take my money and put me in a blank spot on their spreadsheet. But if I want to try to get a single time at Plum Creek, I’ve got show up in person, hat in hand, and hope they have something available. It sucks, because Plum Creek is so close.

1 Like

Look at what I found when looking for a broken tee on the 18th at Stevens

14 Likes

So you don’t hit driver on 18?

1 Like

Sky’d a 3 wood, bladed an 8 onto the green and 2 putt to the back shelf from the front for a par. I am a Spieth fan aren’t I?

2 Likes

Late to the party, but Oeste Ranch is generally viewed as muni-level golf course. If you want to play out in Weatherford area, highly suggest Split Rail.

Didn’t end up playing there anyways. Got stood up by a good friend so I headed to Tierra Verde in Arlington. Loved it.

Which part of Weatherford is Split Rail in? I’m definitely interested in playing more courses west of Fort Worth.

1 Like

Tierra Verde is a good audible. Split Rail is about 10 minutes directly south of Oeste Ranch in Anetta. Semi-public/private club. Never a ton of traffic out there.

1 Like