A thread for the Texas folks

Full on randomized is my vote

3 Likes

Random makes the most sense. It’s all handicapped so it doesn’t really matter. Also I may have missed it but what course are we playing/is it up to the two people to decide where they want to play?

1 Like

The course, time, and tees of your matchup are completely determined between you and your opponent for each round.

3 Likes

Randomized works for me!

What’s the time frame to get the first round in?

1 Like

Here’s the bracket for the inaugural Refuge - DFW Match Play Tournament

Let’s set a rule of getting each round completed within 3 weeks. That would put the tournament as a whole at 12 weeks total, which would have the final be around New Years Day. Ideally, we’ll get it done quicker than that but understand we have some holidays we’ll be up against and potentially some suspect weather.

One thing I really liked that the Phoenix group did was they worked within each of their regions so setup the first round as a foursome, if schedules allowed. Nice way to meet more than just one person on here (in the case of losing out first round like I’ll probably do) and also scout your potential next opponent. Not mandatory - just an idea that might help with the speed of the tournament.

3 Likes

Thanks for setting this up, looks great. Looks like The Lake Highlands Pillow Fight is first on deck!

2 Likes

The real question is who’s going to be the first one to win a hole with the double on the card?

2 Likes

No doubt I’m making a double on the first hole. Thank god it’s match play

Tell me where you want to play and I could make a pretty good guess which hole will be won with a double by one of us.

Hows it goin everyone. Tech grad living in Dallas off of Lower Greenville, grew up in Plano. Long time content consumer, first time poster. 14 handicap who on more occasions than any person would admit tends to push the limits on how far right a tee shot can go. Play Sherrill Park and use their practice facilities on the weekdays as its on my way home from work. Weekends with buddies will typically play Stevens, Sherrill, Bear Creek, Cedar Crest, Tribute, Pecan Hollow. Will play Heritage Ranch a lot with grandparents as well.

4 Likes

Location? I’m in glen rose. Squaw valley is here. But up for other options too.

What say you west of 75 Dallas boys? We gonna crush the Glenn or what?

(PS please don’t make me play the glenn.)

@angray1997 @Toblerone47 @BurnerBubble

4 Likes

We’re saving Tenny G for the championship match of course.

2 Likes

Had a buddy play there on Saturday for kicks, he let me know “they had sanded the greens so it was the smoothest they’ve run in quite some time.”

1 Like

only thing that gets crushed at the Glen is the spirit of the players on the course

1 Like

I’m in for LITERALLY anywhere. I’ve even played Glen 5+ times in the last year.

@BigTopper

Can someone explain to me the “glen” hate (I don’t know what it is and at this point I’m too afraid to ask).

Can you give me your thoughts on Bear Creek as someone who is coming back to the metroplex?

I used to play there a ton and after they finished the west course it seems like they just let the east go. Also to me it seemed like there were no rules about tee times or anything honestly.