3BR 4.0 July 20 2024 10 AM - Pete Dye River Course - Blacksburg VA - sign ups open

I love it when notifications start popping up for this thread. I’m excited about this year, hoping to turn it into a multi-day trip with some better planning.

2 Likes

Add some J’s to the swag bag :joy:

1 Like

Sign ups will be available sometime in mid may… I would ask very very very nicely that @Smidler run things on the spread sheet like usual.

5 Likes

Highlight of the summer!

It’s been on my calendar since last year. It often feels like Pete Dye makes decisions specifically because he hates me, and finishing double-double really left a bad taste, but it was fun and I’m looking forward to getting another shot at not throwing up all over myself down the stretch.

1 Like

Hoping to make it this year!

1 Like

Details for this year - cost has gone up but I will continue to maintain that this piece of property for this price is maybe the best value NLU even you can attend. A few quotes about the event -

“I wouldn’t miss it” - @Fore20

“I can’t make it for year 2” @Double_Bogey_Dave

“I must make it for year 3” @Tron

I have tee times currently from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM

Cost this year - $90 total or $80 plus a donation of some kind to the raffle
Breakdown there -
$10 venmo/PP fee to hold your spot that goes into the donation pot, non refundable if you back out.
$70 18 holes with cart at the Pete Dye River Course of VT
$10 donation day of OR you give me something to add to the raffle like balls, booze, weed (just kidding, maybe), rounds at your club, etc…

Most of you met Roger last year at the event. His luck has ben very bad this year and he had to move an hour south to be closer to his parents and his funds for travel on the adaptive golf circuit are very thin. All $ raised from this even will go directly to Roger to compete on the adaptive golf circuit where one day I will caddie him to a US Adaptive open win at Pinehurst.

Roger Johnson overcomes cerebral palsy and finds golf later in life - YouTube if you don’t know of Roger

He WILL be on site that day with no clue about the surprise at the end of the round, he is not on NLU so as long as we dont tell him it will be a surprise and should be a cool moment I think,

So, join me for year 3 please and lets play some great golf and make someone feel very special.

11 Likes

Already took PTO for the Friday before for the event before the event.

I may have started on the sheet for this year as I sit in ATL, waiting on a delayed flight. Who can say.

5 Likes

Perfect thanks.

I have taken off the day before for the Pre-BR as well

2 Likes

One of the guys in our local whats app chat (@sjdowne) played the River course today and really enjoyed it. I’d bet we’ll have some increased interest from NoVa this year.

1 Like

First year joining and will 100% be playing here! I’m glad there’s a big event so close to my new home in VA!

2 Likes

If you ever wanna ride down to Roanoke and play with me I have access to Roanoke CC, Hanging Rock, Ashley Plantation, and Ivy hill in lynchburg area. Would be glad to set up an NLU meet up with a few tee times. We also play the pre br as a friday get together with no NLU stakes the day before.

2 Likes

And Beales. Beautifully poured at Ashley Plantation. The premier pre-event

1 Like

I have signed up every year and have yet to make it. Hopefully this is the one I can swing.

1 Like

whenever @smidler can get a sheet for sign ups we will likely start this process a day or two after.

to register for a tee time in the 3BR you need to add your info and either PP or venmo me $10 donation (non refundable if you bail) will post that info later.

1 Like

Just sent the paypal, cannot wait!

I think I’m going to just put you on the executive committee for this at this point

Host/Generallyclueless- country
President/CEO/- smidler
Welcome chair- sammy
Merkting- fore20

@tcjones1985 I assume you’ll be co-chairing for us too? Have only been out to RCC once lately

1 Like

Do we have a google doc signup sheet yet for this?