2NINES @ BELMONT GC - May 19, 2024

Trying to convince a non-Refuge DG resident to sign up. Efforting…

3 Likes

Would this be considered an opposite field event?

3 Likes

Very good point. Looking for more mules.

4 Likes

Any info on tee times yet?

Pairings are out in the spreadsheet. Let me know if I need to change anything.

3 Likes

payment sent, sorry for being ‘that guy’

2 Likes

@TeddyPargame still in tomorrow?

1 Like

Oh god.

What did I commit to tomorrow?

I cannot.

I’m sorry if i committed and owe money LMK where to send.

1 Like

Incredible tournament, thanks all for making it a great day. Still buzzing from that Block ace. Wall to wall drama in the clubhouse

7 Likes

Thanks to @Xlink for organizing. Disappointed we were only able to bean one, maybe two mature women enjoying drinks on the patio with approaches into 9/18, but I know we can do better next time. After playing events at Kankakee, Spring Valley, and the Crook, an event roughly 90 seconds from home is a nice change of pace. And as a local fave, hope everyone enjoyed the Lantern pizza.

16 Likes

Unbelievable day yesterday. Big thanks to @Xlink for brining it together. Top class job and A+ pizza. @dflock24 @BadBrad are also certified flushers while I continue to insult the traditions of the game with modern technology.

6 Likes

I apologize for all of the snarky remarks about you disrespecting the game. Truly a 2 on 1 situation since we had an open spot. I will be on the lookout for a lefty set that would be more appropriate for you next year…. Or just play right handed

5 Likes

That works too

7 Likes

I felt terrible about sending a hot chili pepper into the hidden clubhouse terrace…
luckily no one was seriously injured… after profusely apologizing, they actually apologized to me for being there lol.

8 Likes

That lady was on a mission to speak with the GM about the dangers of patio sitting adjacent to a golf hole.

Couple that with the foursome that never played golf before and showed up 20 mins late w/o clubs, and was asked to pick up the pace, only to argue with the pro shop about getting refunded.

Belmont brought the drama

5 Likes

I missed all of this. I guess my previous round at Belmont had enough drama… :eyes:

At least made it to the clubhouse in time for the #Blockie ace.

7 Likes

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I got there before you and took the first wave of that lady’s wrath. And my ball didn’t come as close to hitting them. I didn’t have the heart to tell her I wasn’t playing a Titleist.

2 Likes

It’s the #1 ball in golf.

I actually was playing a Titleist and got there first, but fortunately my ball had kicked down into the fairway. Definitely a hazard with all those trees there on a hole where people are going to booming in fairway woods and long irons.

4 Likes

Thank you all for a great event (no one died…one innocent older lady was close). We had 23 hitters @ $25 = $575
Pizza at the turn was $303
The remaining $272 were donated anonymously to the project below through donorschoose.org. I left a note saying “from Second City Golf Club”.

Personal Hygiene Is A MUST!

10 Likes