2023 NLU Texas Cup (still) at Pine Dunes - May 5th-7th

Can’t wait to get to meet other NLU fans in Texas. Recently moved out to the Dallas area and love meeting other golf fans!

1 Like

Looking forward to possibly playing!

Would love to get on the waitlist for the ATX team! (Although Mothers Day would also be a problem for me)

Pumped for the new perspective @rmaas91, @jbrooks and I will be bringing into our matches next year. @desperateunder105 there’s still time if you’d like to join as well…

But on a different note, I’m playing another tournament there in December with my buddies and we’re going to be doing handicaps finally. Will one of the previous captains DM me about how y’all handled the handicapping? One of our biggest complaints about our friend tournament over the last couple years is that the captains just pair the players together based on skill level so we always end up playing with and against the exact same people year over year.

With the Texas Cup I’m fine with that because I like everyone but this other group has some people I’d rather not be forced to play with.

5 Likes

@CrushCity3Puttz might be able to help you out. He is a golf trip wizard and has some spreadsheets he’s done for this exact purpose.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see what each of our games looks like after ~3 months of fatherhood

2 Likes

No.

6 Likes

lolololol.

@desperateunder105 we gonna run back the Match Play match that friday?

2 Likes

How do I get involved with the fireball shootout in the morning?

3 Likes

Here for the hang, see you all in May

9uW3RoefsLRpS

1 Like

So you get along better with random strangers from the internet than you do with your buddies? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get along better with a random group of strangers that self corrects when idiots are in their midst than I do my buddies who welcome and revere idiocy

2 Likes

Yeah, I can see that. Revering idiocy is something most people grow out of eventually. Takes longer for some.

I read that signups will start for this (first come, first serve) later this year or in 2023 - however, I am new to the Metroplex and am just trying to get connected and #getinvolved here in North Texas! Is there a specific Refuge group I can join?

Any help or guidance is much appreciated!

Cheers!

1 Like

hit up @WhineyCracker52 to get connected to the BigPlex Roost (a Roost being a somewhat-regionally-aligned group of refugees that play golf together).

2 Likes

Played Pine Dunes on Sunday. In great shape.

Carved me up a bit though :laughing:

For those following and want part in STROHs match play - sign up sheet below.
Halfway through the available slots for Atx, San, Hou match play pods!
Don’t miss out. This would be like skipping the Masters. Glory’s first pop!

Realized we hadn’t updated this thread … deposit has been placed, the 2023 NLU Texas Cup (still) at Pine Dunes will be played May 5th-7th. Block your calendars now, we’ll open registration sometime in January.

Current plan is to take a small deposit at time of signup (like, must venmo w/in 24 hours to hold your spot after the signup frenzy). Will go to prizes and donation. We’ll pre-announce the time of opening the spreadsheet for signups, and it’ll be on the honor system like previous years. Remember to do things the TC way.

Lastly, costs will go up just a little as we’re going to try and secure a food truck and/or catering for the weekend, to get better food than the grill while also keeping folks from having to cook Friday and coordinate deliveries on Saturday. Expect total (edit) FOOD TRUCK cost to be ~$100-$125 per person. Keep in mind that last year we paid $30-$40 to the grill for the two burger buffets we did, so the incremental cost from last year is only ~$60-$80, for hopefully much better food and less work. @SaveMuny is the food + beverage coordinator, he’ll have more details as he secures a couple of quotes for us.

@CARAID @WhineyCracker52 @SaveMuny @jsteve15 @Insulin_And_Bogeys (forgot to tag you too!) tagged just for FYI.

7 Likes

Thank god, I refuse to cook on their crappy grill ever again

3 Likes