2023 NLU Texas Cup (still) at Pine Dunes - May 5th-7th

Hey guys, I am going to have to drop out this year. Had something come up and need to go back to Philly that weekend. Go ahead and keep my registration fee if that entices someone to fill the spot. Let me know if you need me to try to recruit someone. Thanks, and see you all next year.

I took care of everything I needed to last year.

Circling the wagons on our favorite thing, finances! Do we happen to have a concrete answer on what we owe and when we owe it?

Side note, Plexers: I think I’ll go on a liquor run here soon. If y’all want to go in on a group stash, let me know. Quality tequila, some high noons, and a lot of free Michelob is the starter for the list.

Crazy to think we’ll be there two weeks from now.

2 Likes

A great question … @WhineyCracker52 and I have been chatting on getting the rooms trued-up and an actual number for golf. Give us a few days to get finals. Expectations are:

• Pay me for remainder of room cost in the next few days
    • will be in the neighborhood of $120/person, as you’ve all already paid $50 with the reg fee
  • Pay at the course for golf plus saturday dinner
    • will be in the neighborhood of $450
    • this cost includes breakfast both days, and 4 rounds of golf
  • Pay @SaveMuny in the next few days for friday night Pizza. Should be cheap, less than $10/pp.
  • Pay me for optional skins game in the next few days
    • collecting this up front so we don’t have the mess we had before
    • $60 gets you into all three games
      • skins are net. ball must hit the cup to count, so if a putt is conceded by your playing partner you still need to putt it out to have it for the skin. Honor system.
      • we ARE counting skins in alt-shot, and they are also net (although there are far fewer pops in that format lol)

You’re on your own for booze lol. The bar pours a good fireball shot. If everyone brings just a six-pack, we’ll have a SHITPILE of beer at the condos. @Iceman you still good to bring a big community cooler? They have an ice machine on-site.

Two weeks, bitches!

7 Likes

I am bringing a number of community chests. @omarmjhd, looks like we’re taking the truck!

2 Likes

raffle ticket sales are OPEN! The next two weeks are insane, so we’re going to do the raffle the week AFTER the tournament. More time to raise money!

Send this around, you don’t have to be playing in the event to buy a ticket.

Also, if you haven’t found something to donate, there’s still time.

1 Like

Bump for the raffle … got more great items rolling in.

Also, anyone talked to @the_korn_ferry? Just making sure you’re still good to go for next weekend. Need your final lodging payment!

Pretty certain he is coming from talking with him. I talked to him this week and I think he is playing in a Member Guest in Lake Chuck. So, you might just request a venmo and he will probably pay you since all of his salary goes to playing golf.

1 Like

He responded to my text with a gif … I take it as a proof of life :smiley:

2 Likes

@here practice round tee time block starts at 1. @CARAID and @Insulin_And_Bogeys please let your squads know; its good form for us to give back the tee times we don’t need. Please try and ‘cluster’ your practices rounds in the middle time slots (easier the give back the first or last tee time), and please try and play with people you don’t already know!

signed up sheet on a new tab in the registration sheet - MAIN - NLU Texas Cup 2023 - Google Sheets

Looks like life is going to cancel my practice round . Let’s hope either they charge me for 3 rounds or we get a voucher

Mahomes days left until the cup!

1 Like

This is a massive fucking week lol.

My wife retires on Tuesday.
I have a day trip on Wednesday to California, meeting that afternoon with a VERY senior executive at a very global financial services company. Red eye home for …
Training 12-2 on Thursday for some folks inside my company that I’m helping to sort out. Not responsible for delivery of content, but definitely organizing and making sure things go well.
Then it’s FUCKING ON.

6 Likes

Can’t wait to see who you use for the whole week :eyes:

I’m confused lol

Like which Texas person you’ll use for 4,3,2,&1

Sorry for the confusion

1 Like

on tuesday it’ll be Nathan Vasher days away … ask Carlos Francis about Vasher.

1 Like

slow day at work (on purpose) having a hard time finding a good number 4 from the state of texas…

Not from, but an adopted son of Dallas.

3 Likes

ill accept .gif

was close to throwing an astro up there …

and or JJ redick just to start some shit posting…