2022 Year of the Blade Meetup - STL - September 16-18 - TEE TIMES - post 2471

Hello, friends. In YOTB 2, we have talked a bit about a meetup. I would like to get that ball rolling. So as not to interfere with the North Star Shootout 2 or the Ope-in, we’re looking at early to mid September.

What: Team Duel for Brand Supremacy
Where: Moorhead Country Club - Moorhead, MN
When: early to mid September
Why: Fuckin’ blades, dude

I need someone to help me with a spreadsheet. Lets see if we can get any interest and go from there.

(September in this area is very nice and not a winter hellscape yet, so the weather should be nice)

Here are the courses at play, if anyone is not working like I am not working.

Thursday:
Painted Woods - Washburn, ND (thruby’s dad designed it)
Hawktree - Bismarck, ND

Meet up course:
Moorhead Country Club - Moorhead, MN

Other fun courses in the area that we will probably end up at:
Edgewood - Fargo, ND (worst website ever)
The Meadows - Moorhead, MN (also a terrible website)

Hoping to figure out:
Fargo Country Club - Fargo, ND
Oxbow CC - Fargo, ND

Other options that are a little bit of a drive:
Hawley Golf Club - Hawley, MN
Wildflower - Detroit Lakes, MN

13 Likes

If travel is safe again by then, I’m probably down.

4 Likes

Since I can’t be there because of the border, I volunteer to make walk up intros for teams/players that can be played over some sort of speaker system. Really get the juices flowing.

Only condition is I have full editorial (okay, maybe like 75%) control over what is said in these intros.

5 Likes

I’m committed.

2 Likes

God, I hope travel is safe by fuckin September man. For a billion reasons, but the main one is partying with Bob.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Battle of the Blades

giphy

2 Likes

Deeply interested, extremely uncommitted due to thousands of contingencies. Will buy merch and donate to the cause regardless.

1 Like

Logo Workshopping…

Bridge. (Fargo/Moorhead)

Blades.

Battle.

Fargo Theatre sign… Something about being a fucking artist…

Bagger. Sandbagging… Son of a bitch. There’s a lot of stuff to work with here.

8 Likes

If it’s in Fargo area, can we call it The Woodchipper?

5 Likes

Unfortunately my wife probably won’t allow me to travel…what with me being a “sally” and all. But I’ll be there in spirit.

4 Likes

Extremely bummed about the contingencies, but absolutely understand. Hopefully the world starts to figure its shit out by the time we have some details here.

3 Likes

Once we emerge on the other side of this, I have no idea specifically but do have a general sense that most of the travel budget and time off work this summer is gonna go to seeing family out of state.

1 Like

Pending dates due to my wedding in September, I could probably sneak away for this without being murdered.

Plus, the walk up/intro as done by @anon15484665 makes me VERY interested.

2 Likes

Fuck yes. My home town (more or less)? Can I swing in and make some popovers in the Moorhead CC kitchen? Drink a “Root Beer” at Rooters? Visit my son in college?

LOCK IT DOWN

2 Likes

Geezus…could you have found a tougher location to get to? Y’all have fun at this one, sorry I’ll miss out.

With how many sets of blades have exchanged hands within the Refuge, I can’t wait to see everyone recognizing their old weapons

14 Likes

A key party, but for 2 irons.

5 Likes

A tougher location? There’s an airport 12 minutes from the golf course.

It’s not the most glamorous of spots, I will grant you that, but I don’t know what’s tough about it.

5 Likes

Does this work? If so, I will update the initial post.

Looks like view only. @chrismarz, a little help?

2 Likes