2022 Year of the Blade Meetup - STL - September 16-18 - TEE TIMES - post 2471

after catching up this morning

6 Likes

We’re currently in the middle of the most rain we’ve gotten all year, so you might actually see some rough on your trip!

Of course, I’m not at all panicking about how it hasn’t rained in 3 months, but now it’s raining every day. Nope. Not at all. Not even a little.

9 Likes

Should have seen this coming the stl crew always brings the rain to these meetups
13juRqPzSYGLT2

6 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUNqsfFUwhY

3 Likes

… kinda figured this was gonna be like one of those classic car shows where everyone shows up in a random parking lot, and opens the hood on their classic roadsters.

We’ll just be walking around, looking in each others’ bags and saying things like “thats a beaut”, “Sick ferrules. BB&F?” and “where’d you get 'er refinished?”

12 Likes

Where do I buy my raffle tickets @anon3021505 and @JScore?

If you guys don’t have details up today you’ll be forever tainting all future charitable raffles on the refuge.

8 Likes

@anon3021505 When you inevitably win your own event, am I allowed to shower you in champagne or do I have to use sparkling juice?

Sparkling juice, lest you be Stone Cold Stunned in front of everyone.

Also there is no way I am winning this event. But I appreciate that confidence.

3 Likes

23 Likes

Speaking of, I am thinking about ‘the event’ and I honestly don’t really care about ‘the event’. However, in addition to ‘the event’ and the NIT spot, I was thinking it would be cool to do something that goes over every round we play.

Like a mega event.

7 Likes

Hahahahaha, Incredible.

1 Like

If anyone else needs a doctors note, I’m happy to oblige.

It’s a great way for me to avoid doing any actual work.

5 Likes

“The event within the event”

1 Like

“The event ABOVE (throughout?) the event”

Just like a big fuckin’ 90 hole stroke play event. I will make a trophy. Probably buy a prize.

It’s happening. I don’t care if anyone hates it.

2 Likes

Please keep the details a secret. I want it to be a total shock on Sunday of what the format is/was and who “won”.

8 Likes

Should we have a fan vote for who has the best blades at ‘the event’?

4 Likes

@tuck_mulligan if you actually share this with your wife, please report back what her reaction is. If she is anything like my wife, I expect it to be met with a laugh and a rather large eye roll, along with some comment about my weird internet friends.

5 Likes

We can do that.

MEGA STROKE PLAY BLADE EVENT
FCC (is Zach figured that out)
Hawley
MCC
MCC
Edgewood

Lowest (net, so it’s not just @KC_Badger vs @chrismarz?) score over the entire thing wins a poorly painted plaque, a hug and … somethin’ else. Much like the raffle, the prize is TBD.

7 Likes

Your wife sounds like my wife - thought she calls my weird friends – “your community”

2 Likes

If at the end of 90 holes I’m within pissing distance* of @KC_Badger , its a huge win for me!

(*not a “HDH” reference)

6 Likes