2022 Year of the Blade Meetup - STL - September 16-18 - TEE TIMES - post 2471

This is what a great Refuge Tour Team Principal and Roost Captain looks like folks.

This seems like such a great time and weekend of golf, definitely might have to take you up on that.

1 Like

I have 3 extra sets of blades - access will not be an issue.

8 Likes

Who do I need to talk to to get the traveling blades for this shindig?

1 Like

How far do you think I am driving for a tattoo?

Since you said it like that, now I kinda think you’re flying

2 Likes

Don’t think they are accounted for that far out so most likely good to go

1 Like

Trying to find the signup form currently

1 Like

I don’t come around here enough. but…

when is this? september is a terrible
month for me to cut out of work.

my frozen custard duel in St Louis (all the puke sounds) is a trip I should probably work out.

5 Likes

September 16-18, 2022 in St. Louis, Missouri

3 Likes

maybe. possibly. yoooooge long shot but you never know.

if I can get there……frozen custard duel to the death.

6 Likes

Was trying to go thru old posts but has there been a sign up google sheet posted yet?

1 Like

@anon43372372 is being unreasonable. Release the spreadsheet!

4 Likes

Yeah, how are we supposed to shame the 40% of people that sign up and inevitably bail when it gets to crunch time?

3 Likes

Timber Lakes just outside of Litchfield has always intrigued me when driving to Peoria from Columbia. It’s literally right off of I-55. My grandpa said it was always a good golf course and he never steered me wrong in that category before but can’t personally vouch for it. It’s about an hour or so outside St. Louis.

2 Likes

A buddy and I played it one day on the way from Bloomington to the Lake of the Ozarks. The front nine is pretty boring - it’s most of what you can see from the highway. But the back was legitimately fun and a little weird. It goes back through some forest-y areas and some ravines and lakes come into play.

If you stop while driving, I’d try to see if they’d just let you on the back for a quick 9.

2 Likes

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/a-thread-for-contrarian-takes/56428/1795

@DrJ the aristocracy is already running scared of you

3 Likes

The way of the blade philosophy was always to eschew the lies of “game improvement technology” and to rely on swing by swing feedback to improve oneself. What greater hurdle to self-improvement exists in golf than the artificial leveling of the field through handicap adjusted scores? Why lie to ourselves that we beat someone who took fewer strokes around the same course?

We aim for greatness through truth - not lies. Not deception. Leave those strokes with the shameful shovels you’ve left behind as well.

[Oh, unless we’re playing for money. I’ll have all 7 of my strokes please and thank you.]

9 Likes

Hoping I at least get a participation trophy then.

9 Likes

I’m fine with this but @chrismarz and @KC_Badger have to play as an alt shot team blades only from the tips

Edit:who am I kidding they would still win by like 10 shots

9 Likes