2022 War at the Shores - November 13, 2022 POST218 "Do Whatever You Want"

Hi guys

Would like to sign up for this but want to confirm if you need a handicap or not? Cheers

I can’t imagine you would. Not like this routing has a rating or anything. If you’ve never been to a Refuge meet-up, you don’t even need a handicap on traditional routing (that have a course rating and slope). If you show up without one it’s basically an honor system where you just guess a HC.

Absolutely not. Free to anyone - the HCP is just to try and group folks together

Can you carry a Metra line or putt through a tunnel? All set!

3 Likes

HELLO FRIENDS!!!

With just about a month to go - figured I should provide an update on this year’s WATS event.
First off, the food truck has been cancelled due to a double booking…so we will NOT have food provided at the event this year.

Maybe we can get a bunch of pizzas delivered? Or something? Any and all ideas here are welcome.

This means that the cost of the event goes from $60 per player down to $45 per player (play all day).

Final details to come soon - and please let me know if you’d like to add another group food option.

6 Likes

I can contact these guys for more information and pricing

2 Likes

IYKYK

Also, Hewn is a great bakery that’s on your way in. And Tomate a very good (Evanston standards) taco/burrito joint next to the Noyes station. Very easily walkable.

5 Likes

Who wants to red line it up there this year?

3 Likes

omg can we just get a truckload of mac and cheese?

2 Likes

At $150/platter, there better be gold flakes in it

1 Like

Hello Friends!

We’re still on-schedule for the 13th. Greens fees are officially $45, which gets you access to the golf course all day (play as many holes as you’d like!)

You can VENMO me your greens fee, and then bring cash or check for donation to the course directly the day of the event (get a receipt for tax purposes). My details are in the sign-up sheet.

Friendly reminder that this year’s proceeds are going towards fixing the sprinkler system, so anything y’all can donate is GREATLY appreciated.

If anyone wants to bring a guest for play or still wants to sign up, registration is open until Nov 8th.
Hit me up with any other questions you have!

5 Likes

And if anyone has questions about how the “Reverse Routing” is going to look - here’s a preview:

2 Likes

@TCRBrad - forgot I had a commitment that weekend, removed myself from the Google Sheet. I hope everyone has a great day at the Shores!

I’m gonna be in DC that weekend so I gotta bail. Have fun out there. Someone break a window for me.

1 Like

If you’re going to visit who I think you might be visiting - they’re also invited!!!

I believe I will be taking the train as well. I’ll be getting on at North/Clybourn

As a newly minted member of the YOTBL4DE, I will be sporting a half set of clubs I probably can’t hit.

6 Likes

Emergency Assistance | City of Evanston

4 Likes

I picked up a Sunday bag that I will be using to carry only clubs that will probably not be the right yardage.

4 Likes

@TCRBrad - I’ll likely be a non-playing attendee, just in case you are getting around to putting groups together.

6 Likes