2022 War at the Shores - November 13, 2022 POST218 "Do Whatever You Want"

HELLO FRIENDS.

War at the Shores - 2021 is a go for November! Last year was a blast, and Canal Shores is looking to update & fix their sprinkler heads for the 2022 season.

Where: Canal Shores Golf Course - Evanston, IL
When: Saturday November 13th ~12pm
Cost: $60

We will be renting the course out for the day, so anyone that signs up is welcome to warm-up with a quick round before we begin the reverse routing. The taco truck is making it’s triumphant return! Your food is included in the cost of the event. Additional donations will be accepted towards the refurbishment of the on-course sprinkler system for the golf course.

Format: Group Best Ball.

Same format as last year. At least one member of the group MUST finish the hole to post a score. Best ball from each group. Any ball that is lost or hit Out of Bounds is OUT of the hole. All group members may rejoin on the next hole. Prizes are TBD. This will NOT count towards any NIT invitations since we’ll be hosting this the week after.

Here is the rulebook/yardage book from last year’s event for more info on the reverse routing and rules:

13 Likes

Just locked up team Reedverse Routing. Good luck, chumps!

2 Likes

Made myself a super alternate. Major client event that would be bad if it moves back, but frees me up to play!

@rmbartell

I call @PTM

3 Likes

Living the High Life.

4 Likes

Did some say High Life??

It’s not 9am at Lawsonia but still hits all the right spots.

5 Likes

I regret not getting a 30 pack for the weekend.

3 Likes

I’m intrigued

1 Like

I’d sign up, but would only end up hitting 18 shots.

3 Likes

Are Canadians allowed?

1 Like

ABSOLUTELY. Encouraged, even.

#DuckClub #Hjonk

Also - this is NOT Refuge exclusive, so if you have a friend that you’d like to bring along for the day - bring 'em!

This is also a very dog-friendly golf course.

What’s the booze situation? Boyb?

2 Likes

@midwestgolfbum will pour bourbon right down yer gullet if you ask nicely.

2 Likes

I’m in for sure, if bourbon is part of it

2 Likes

You pushed high life. I pushed bourbon, it was only fair.

2 Likes

@TCRBrad - Drop a donate link when available, I’ll be out of town this weekend. Sad to miss out on that #14 - #18 carry…

1 Like

Shit, I’m leaving for Charleston on the 13th. You’ll have to wait for The 2nd Annual Burban Memorial NLU Golf Classic

Fine, but it doesn’t mean I’m going to like that you won’t be there. I’ll see you in the spring.

1 Like