2021(?) Ryder cup/ Who makes your COVID Cup roster?!

@BillyBaroo @tylernichols91

Who is going to host the COVID Cup? I feel like you have to change the location under the circumstances. (For sake of discussion at least)

8 captain’s pick (assuming we’re at whistling straits? or really any bomber’s paradise)

USA: Justin Thomas, Webb Simpson, Brooks Koepka, Dustin Johnson, Tony Finau, Bryson DeChambeau, Patrick Cantlay, Xander Schauffele
Europe: Jon Rahm, Rory McIlroy, Tommy Fleetwood, Viktor Hovland, Thomas Pieters, Justin Rose, Tyrrell Hatton, Martin Kaymer
Asia: Hideki Matsuyama, Sungjae Im, Byeong-hun An, Jazz Janewattananond, Gavin Green,
Haotong Li, Hosung Choi, Kiradech Aphibarnrat
World: Adam Scott, Marc Leishman, Louis Oosthuizen, Abraham Ancer, Corey Conners, Erik Van Rooyen, Joaquin Niemann, Jason Day

3 Likes

I’m opening up every single golf course in the world to this fantasy.

And I can only come to the conclusion that an event of such nature could only be competed at one of two places.

Either St. Andrews or Pinehurst No. 2.

My Teams:

USA: JT, DJ, Brooks, Webb Simpson, Xander, Cantlay, Morikawa, Bryson.

Europe: McIlroy, Rose, Fleetwood, Hovland, Hatton, Rahm, Fitzpatrick, Sergio.

Asia: Hideki, Ben An, Kiradech, Hung Jae, Jazzy, Haotong, Gavin Green, CT Pan.

World: Scott, Leishman, Ancer, Van Rooyen, Hadwin, Conners, Niemann, Day.

1 Like

The lack of any formatting frustrates me but your picks are good so carry on.

Could there be an event that featured both PGA/LPGA/Euro Tour/LET that played like a Ryder cup? I think that would be sick.

Like a combined Ryder Cup and Solheim Cup.

officially official

It’s still 2020 on the official Ryder Cup website, but it seems like the writing is on the wall.
/rushes to book golf trip that weekend

2 Likes

Just got an official ticketing email from the PGA confirming the postponement to September 21-26, 2021.

Just got the presidents cup email around same time. Thankfully still in Charlotte

Now the fun part of how they will decide rosters over a year out. (Using the term fun very loosely here)

Will Jordan Spieth be the youngest Vice Captain in the history of the event?

2 Likes

@ANTIFAldo in on this

Update: Golf Trip Booked

1 Like

Hey @Soly liked your take on the Sunday night Pod. Bumping this because I am all in.

This PGA was really good to start turning over the US Ryder Cup roster. Cal Bear is basically in now. Wolff is climbing. Champ and Scheffler made some moves - they still have a ways to go, but it gives them a base if they play well the next year.

Spieth, Fowler, Phil, Bubba should be out. Xander will be in. Berger, Cantlay will be in the mix. Could actually be a real good competiton to fill out the last 6 spots.

3 Likes

I can get down with this team you are describing. Hopefully the new guys bring positivity and chemistry. That’s a big problem for the US…

Still afraid of Europe…

Do we know how the points are going to be weighted? Is Cat’s Masters win from 2019 worth the same as Morikawa’s PGA win? Are they both worth the same as a major win next year?

1 Like

Love that you are asking the important questions.

• 2019 Major Championships

◦ 1 Point per $1,000 earned

• 2019 WGC Events and THE PLAYERS Championship

◦ 1 Point per $2,000 earned

• 2020 Regular PGA TOUR events

◦ 1 point per $1,000 earned

:black_small_square: Beginning Jan. 1, 2020, through the Mayakoba Golf Classic (Dec. 3-6)

:black_small_square: 2020 Opposite Field PGA TOUR events will NOT receive points

• 2020 Major Championships

◦ 2 Points per $1,000 earned for the Winner

◦ 1.5 Points per $1,000 earned for all others to make the cut

• 2021 Regular PGA TOUR events

◦ 1.5 Points per $1,000 earned

:black_small_square: Beginning January 10, 2021 (Sentry Tournament of Champions), through the end of the second FedEx Cup Playoff (BMW Championship); including THE PLAYERS Championship and WGC events

:black_small_square: 2020/21 Opposite Field PGA TOUR events will NOT receive points

• 2021 Major Championships

◦ 2 Points per $1,000 earned for all others to make the cut

2 Likes

This is a better system than what I assumed it was going to be.