2021(?) Ryder cup/ Who makes your COVID Cup roster?!

If they are already at 6 captain’s picks, wouldn’t it make sense to lock in the top 6 as of this year, but allow the captain’s picks to wait till next year?

1 Like

2021 Merge Ryder and President’s Cup - split Presidents cup into Asia and Rest of World - make it a 4 team set up with only 8 players

Disclaimer: for ease of creation this was solely created by OWGR a terrible choice for this format but it made my initial analysis easier

6 Likes

That would be EPIC and mayhem hahaha I love it

1 Like

The Residents Cup?!

1 Like

Covid Cup.

1 Like

Needs more Kiradech

1 Like

@BillyBaroo @tylernichols91

Who is going to host the COVID Cup? I feel like you have to change the location under the circumstances. (For sake of discussion at least)

8 captain’s pick (assuming we’re at whistling straits? or really any bomber’s paradise)

USA: Justin Thomas, Webb Simpson, Brooks Koepka, Dustin Johnson, Tony Finau, Bryson DeChambeau, Patrick Cantlay, Xander Schauffele
Europe: Jon Rahm, Rory McIlroy, Tommy Fleetwood, Viktor Hovland, Thomas Pieters, Justin Rose, Tyrrell Hatton, Martin Kaymer
Asia: Hideki Matsuyama, Sungjae Im, Byeong-hun An, Jazz Janewattananond, Gavin Green,
Haotong Li, Hosung Choi, Kiradech Aphibarnrat
World: Adam Scott, Marc Leishman, Louis Oosthuizen, Abraham Ancer, Corey Conners, Erik Van Rooyen, Joaquin Niemann, Jason Day

3 Likes

I’m opening up every single golf course in the world to this fantasy.

And I can only come to the conclusion that an event of such nature could only be competed at one of two places.

Either St. Andrews or Pinehurst No. 2.

My Teams:

USA: JT, DJ, Brooks, Webb Simpson, Xander, Cantlay, Morikawa, Bryson.

Europe: McIlroy, Rose, Fleetwood, Hovland, Hatton, Rahm, Fitzpatrick, Sergio.

Asia: Hideki, Ben An, Kiradech, Hung Jae, Jazzy, Haotong, Gavin Green, CT Pan.

World: Scott, Leishman, Ancer, Van Rooyen, Hadwin, Conners, Niemann, Day.

1 Like

The lack of any formatting frustrates me but your picks are good so carry on.

Could there be an event that featured both PGA/LPGA/Euro Tour/LET that played like a Ryder cup? I think that would be sick.

Like a combined Ryder Cup and Solheim Cup.

officially official

It’s still 2020 on the official Ryder Cup website, but it seems like the writing is on the wall.
/rushes to book golf trip that weekend

2 Likes

Just got an official ticketing email from the PGA confirming the postponement to September 21-26, 2021.

Just got the presidents cup email around same time. Thankfully still in Charlotte

Now the fun part of how they will decide rosters over a year out. (Using the term fun very loosely here)

Will Jordan Spieth be the youngest Vice Captain in the history of the event?

2 Likes

@ANTIFAldo in on this

Update: Golf Trip Booked

1 Like

Hey @Soly liked your take on the Sunday night Pod. Bumping this because I am all in.