2021(?) Ryder cup/ Who makes your COVID Cup roster?!

I know likelihood is not even in the realm of possibility but I think 1 time at Augusta would be really cool!

Me seeing the subject of the new NLU POD today

2 Likes

1 Like

2021 Ryder Cup?..

2 Likes

I am bummed but at the same time understand and if I’m finding the glass half full…more time for speculation???

2 Likes

The thing that is most interesting will be if the rankings “reset” or if it will be like 2002 where they kept the same roster from 2001…

Understanding that they had already changed the criteria for this year in US selection*

If they are already at 6 captain’s picks, wouldn’t it make sense to lock in the top 6 as of this year, but allow the captain’s picks to wait till next year?

1 Like

2021 Merge Ryder and President’s Cup - split Presidents cup into Asia and Rest of World - make it a 4 team set up with only 8 players

Disclaimer: for ease of creation this was solely created by OWGR a terrible choice for this format but it made my initial analysis easier

6 Likes

That would be EPIC and mayhem hahaha I love it

1 Like

The Residents Cup?!

1 Like

Covid Cup.

1 Like

Needs more Kiradech

1 Like

@BillyBaroo @tylernichols91

Who is going to host the COVID Cup? I feel like you have to change the location under the circumstances. (For sake of discussion at least)

8 captain’s pick (assuming we’re at whistling straits? or really any bomber’s paradise)

USA: Justin Thomas, Webb Simpson, Brooks Koepka, Dustin Johnson, Tony Finau, Bryson DeChambeau, Patrick Cantlay, Xander Schauffele
Europe: Jon Rahm, Rory McIlroy, Tommy Fleetwood, Viktor Hovland, Thomas Pieters, Justin Rose, Tyrrell Hatton, Martin Kaymer
Asia: Hideki Matsuyama, Sungjae Im, Byeong-hun An, Jazz Janewattananond, Gavin Green,
Haotong Li, Hosung Choi, Kiradech Aphibarnrat
World: Adam Scott, Marc Leishman, Louis Oosthuizen, Abraham Ancer, Corey Conners, Erik Van Rooyen, Joaquin Niemann, Jason Day

3 Likes

I’m opening up every single golf course in the world to this fantasy.

And I can only come to the conclusion that an event of such nature could only be competed at one of two places.

Either St. Andrews or Pinehurst No. 2.

My Teams:

USA: JT, DJ, Brooks, Webb Simpson, Xander, Cantlay, Morikawa, Bryson.

Europe: McIlroy, Rose, Fleetwood, Hovland, Hatton, Rahm, Fitzpatrick, Sergio.

Asia: Hideki, Ben An, Kiradech, Hung Jae, Jazzy, Haotong, Gavin Green, CT Pan.

World: Scott, Leishman, Ancer, Van Rooyen, Hadwin, Conners, Niemann, Day.

1 Like

The lack of any formatting frustrates me but your picks are good so carry on.

Could there be an event that featured both PGA/LPGA/Euro Tour/LET that played like a Ryder cup? I think that would be sick.

Like a combined Ryder Cup and Solheim Cup.

officially official

It’s still 2020 on the official Ryder Cup website, but it seems like the writing is on the wall.
/rushes to book golf trip that weekend

2 Likes

Just got an official ticketing email from the PGA confirming the postponement to September 21-26, 2021.