2021 golf goals

2021 Goals

1. Play more often
  2. Have fun
  3. Play more often with family
  4. Play 5 new courses
  5. Get handicap under 5 (currently 6.4)
  6. Play in at least 1 tournament

You may be confused. This is the free side of the website.

3 Likes
  1. Get below a 5 index (currently at 7.2)
  2. Shoot even par or better
  3. No equipment changes, including putter.
  4. Play 9 holes a week with at least one of my boys (currently 9 and 11 and are easily bribed with a pre-round Dr. Pepper)
3 Likes
  1. Index to 5 (currently a 9, was a 7 over the summer)
  2. 50% of fairways
  3. 50% GIR on par 3s
  4. Practice on average twice a week
  5. Play in two individual tournaments
  1. Finally Break 80 (shot an 47-37 35-45 on consecutive days over thanksgiving weekend at my club - so I am getting closer)

2. Get index to single digits (finished year at 10.5, but those two aforementioned rounds didn’t count as it was after season - would have been there)

3. Get back to playing new places

1 Like
  1. Use YOTB to focus on tempo, balance, and finding the soft chewy nougat center

2. 8-8-8: Average number of FIRs, GIRs, and pars per round

3. Practice putting 1hr/week

4. Increase driver swing speed by 5mph

5. Tee it up with you sickos, schwaldos, and heroes

5 Likes

2021 Goals:
Play at least 35 rounds. That is it. Between work and everything else in life, I don’t play as much as I should. Also my goal is I hope my handicap goes up a little bit haha

1 Like

2020 goals:

Get the index under 7: Check (but we’re back above currently)

Practice, at all: Nope

2021 goals:

Break 80 in a Golf Assoc.-sponsored event

Hit the Mega Bonus

31 Likes

2021 goals:

Get the handicap to 10.
Complete the net birdie challenge at my home course.
Learn how to regularly hit my 4 iron well or give up and get a hybrid.

I can’t pretend I don’t get mad on the course at all anymore, but at some point recently I started actually … laughing at how idiotic it is to hit such a bad shot. I can’t pretend that I’m going to be great - I don’t practice enough, I started playing golf way too late in life and all of that. But when I flat out chunk a shot or just hit a terrible shot, I have found myself just laughing at how insane it is that I love the sport this much and can suck at it this much.

And it helps. I rarely have a meltdown of several holes (or if I do, it’s just because Im bad, not because I’m so angry I can’t focus).

5 Likes

Limit use of stats tracking devices and focus on hitting the ball.

7 Likes
  1. Handicap down to 14, at 20 now.
  2. Quality over quantity golf, practice more
  3. Join a club in some manner.
  4. Play Tobacco Road
7 Likes

2020:
Break 80 for the first time::ballot_box_with_check:
Get my first Eagle::ballot_box_with_check:
Broke Par::ballot_box_with_check:(Wasn’t a yearly goal more like a lifetime achievement)
2021:
Get Handicap to sub 2.
Break Par more than once.
Get to the finals of the club championship.
Participate in the NIT.
Lose 10 pounds.

2 Likes

This is very easy to fix. Just reach out if you’re looking for playing partners.

5 Likes

Man do I identify with this one. My play suffered when I started using Arccos. I was trying to maintain great stats and distances but forgot about playing golf. e.g. Can’t hit that chippy pitching wedge from 105–a shot I love and have played for 20 years. Better try to hammer the 56 since it’ll look better on my club distance overview. Thin or chunk and you know the rest…

2 Likes

No 2020 goals.

2021:

• Improve SG handicap in all 4 cats (7, 5, 2, 6 last year)
  • Improve mid range putting make % by 2 points per band (19.6% 10ft-12, 12.3% 13ft-17, 9.4% 18ft-22 last year)
  • Average par or better on par 5s at all courses (5.1 last year)
  • Average under par on 2 holes at home course (1 last year)
  • Complete birdie challenge 2X on home course (2 holes short last year)
  • Three under par rounds (1 last year)
  • Make a hole in one (0-36 years)
2 Likes

2020:
Get to scratch - got to 0.0

2021:
Get back to scratch - had a rough patch in October so a bunch of good scores are falling off when the season starts.
Make more eagles - didn’t eagle a single par 4 or 5 in 2020 which is odd for me.

2 Likes

I didn’t have specific goals for 2020 but my game took a turn for the worse in June after a couple years of solid improvement. I have been practicing my ass off the last two months attempting to get my form back.

To put a few goals down for 2021…continue to dedicate time for effective practice in order to achieve the below on the course:

• get handicap to 11 or below
  • break 80 for the first time
  • average 40% pars per round
  • average greater than 1 birdie (or better) a round
  • average less than 1.5 doubles or worse per round
  • remember golf is fun, dont beat myself up over a bad shot, Opus Dei is not the way!
5 Likes

To stop being so hard on myself.

That’s it.

5 Likes

2020 goals:
Get to single digit factor: complete (9.9, phew)
Shoot career low at home course: complete (76, former was 79)
Make Eagle on 1, 6 or 13 at home course: nope (missed a 4 footer by a mile)
Complete birdie challenge at home course: nope (13/18).

2021 goals will be the two I haven’t accomplished, to stay in single digits, set another career low. Other goals will be built as season gets closer in Atlantic Canada.

2 Likes