2020 NLU Events Schedule

And if we hadn’t rented a minivan on Turo from our most excellent carhost Raveesh, we would have missed the return because @McSchvantz started talking UGA football and we lost track of time.

2 Likes

To think that I was worried about missing my flight!

It was the biggest shitshow in the history of shitshows…

McSchvantz: “I mean, I liked Coach Richt, but how many chances does a guy need?”

Laz: “What time is it?”

Taco: "It’s like 815pm.

Laz: “Dammit. DAMMIT HARRY. We are missing this flight.”

(calls Raveesh, who lives 10 minutes from the airport.)

Laz: “Hi Raveesh, our flight leaves at 945pm. It’s 905pm now and we are still 10 minutes from your house.”

Raveesh: “It’s not a problem, brother.” (thicc Pakistani accent)

Laz (hangs up) : “Guise, Raveesh says we’re ok. I think he’s nuts.”

We get to Raveesh’s house and he’s waiting by the curb in pajamas and flip flops. Raveesh gets beind the wheel. You’ve never seen a Honda Odyssey do what Raveesh made this thing do. We hit the terminal with golf bags at 920pm. Boarded at 930pm. Clubs made it to plane and all was right in the world.

24 Likes

Lol, that was a great day thanks to @BeenMacKenzied. @Hwhite I’ve been chasing the high we got from the ginger shot @ los gatos, nothing comes close!

3 Likes

Fairly new to the refuge and I live close to rackham. How would I get into that event?

Welcome sir – start by reading from the top here:

1 Like

A prerequisite to attending any refuge event should be have to read through the entire thread

12 Likes

Excited to play at Flushing Meadow P&P (assuming I can nab a spot). Though I would love to see a qualifier at a full course in the Northeast. So many sick spots out this way, a bit of a shame to not have an event on one of them.

That said, I have no doubt the Flushing event will be fun – and interested to see what @MerchCzar comes up with. Looks like the longest hole is 80 yards. Might only need to bring one club and a putter.

2 Likes

make one.

pick a course. smoke em if you got em.

3 Likes

Cough Taconic Cough

I anticipated that answer. I, personally, don’t have the time to spearhead creating one – but I sure would love to help.

1 Like

Girl in line at the bag check “Don’t worry, you’re HELLA good.”

5 Likes

HELLA reinforcement that we were in NorCal.

4 Likes

I mean…it was a pretty enjoyable shitshow, though…right?!

1 Like

Mild understatement there. What a day! I only saw Jack Ireland hit his tee shot off 1 and holy shit. Hope he Monday Qs into WMPO shortly.

3 Likes

Was great fun. Enjoyed meeting Justin Who Works in Tech and Paul from New Hampshire…

The highlight was this exchange between @BeenMacKenzied and @McSchvantz

McSchvantz: “Knowshon Moreno, Nick Chubb, Todd Gurley…Keep writing I ain’t done…Robert Edwards, Isaiah Crowell, Garrison Hearst, Sony Michel and finally Hershel Walker.”

8 Likes

Edit: $40, but point taken.

Let’s split the difference, call it $30, and spend the other $10 on a lobster roll.

https://www.mesga.org/club/scripts/library/view_document.asp?NS=ABOUT&DN=MEMREG

I know there are clubs in LA County that you can join and get a GHIN for around $15.

I love that I’ve essentially become a character from Squidbillies in this exchange.

6 Likes

Played in a couple Ryder Cup style events at Flushing Pitch and Putt. Had a group of Brits, Scots, Aussies and Yanks. Teams were split between the Motherland (Brits & Scots) and the Colonies (Yanks and Aussies). Played 4 ball matches with the following requirements for each participant. 1. Ridiculous golf attire required. 2. Each player was allowed a wedge and a putter, no other clubs. 3. All participants must drink 4 cold tall boys for their scores to count. It was a sh*t show in the best possible way.

12 Likes