2020 NLU Events Schedule

Music to my ears as I’m often lost in the middle as a 10 capper. Not good enough for gross and not getting enough strokes for net.

9 Likes

Smashing that like button just like a Rick Shiels subscriber right now

14 Likes

This is helpful. The qualifying bit sent the Refuge and Nest into a bit of a tizzy, but we argue about chili so that was bound to happen, and things seemed to have settled down a bit. Anyways, #GetInvolved folks. Best decision a I ever made last year. As you get older, you may find a regular game is harder and harder to find or keep, real life often gets in the way. Attending anything is a great way to meet new people and find something in golf you might have been missing.

10 Likes

I think I heard something about some sort of Australia- adjacent event in the Nest pod @Tron, or am I imagining things? Gona assume that might be a pipeline thing for next years NIT depending on how things pan out this year though. At this stage i’m a chance to be in the Portland area around the Super Regional so might try & sling my hook in for that one anyways. Sure the wife will be rapt when I tell her…

1 Like

Bravo on the planning of this, @Tron and Co. Would love to get an event in Baltimore/DC area next year. Send the Strapped boys up with KVV to host!

8 Likes

Still time to get something on the books for this year. I’m sure we could get a good group with the crew from the MD group. At least this is something I would be interested in

1 Like

Can confirm and will vouch for @jasona93 as a great fourball partner. Like, truly great.

2 Likes

Like sink a 20’ for par on 18 to force a must make with the EVENT on the line.

Fake news! @gatorz7888 had no idea of the stakes.

1 Like

I truly didn’t. It made for a wild ride realizing it after the fact.

And not fake news. That’s what happened. @jasona93 knew and he was ICE.

(Alt short however is another story)

1 Like

Beans or no beans?

3 Likes

I knew we needed it to make your putt look a little longer. We didn’t know the status of the other match inexplicably still out on the course or already at a bar having forgotten to post their score. Alas, it was nice to make one that had to go under the circumstances, but nice put Kyle.

2 Likes

Are you considering a tournament software? I help run our club at sosa.golfgenius.com It super easy and can handle all the categories you are describing.

1 Like

See you guise in Gearhart! I can’t wait to overthink Highlands and get absolutely ejected by the short course then play Gearland Golf Links well cause it’s my element, but be too far behind with too few holes left, and finish just short.

2 Likes

The Gearhart event is listed for Aug 7-9. Typo? Actually a three-day event? Too early to know for sure since you guise are still in the planning stages?

First day is a drinking contest to even out the field for us mid-high cappers.

2 Likes

So do you just place well in one of the meet ups to qualify?

Looking hard at Golf Genius and should have that rolling in the coming weeks

3 Likes

We use it at my home club for events, it is awesome! Highly recommend.