2020 CJ Cup* (Plaque)

Maybe the ninth bridge was the friends we made along the way.

2 Likes

Does JT like this place or what?

I don’t know how much they had to do with it, but after watching Parasite, and seeing the CJ logo on screen, I’m ready to make the CJ Cup/Plaque the 4th major.

2 Likes

not surprising, rumor is the zozo the week after is going to sherwood but I dunno about the wgc event

Would’ve been nice if we could’ve gotten come cooler venues, Sherwood and Shadow Creek are a bit meh. I’m thinking Bandon or something of that nature was way too much of a pipe dream.

What’s the weather like at Bandon in October? Choices start to get limited, I’m guessing.

The field next week contains 60 of the top 65 players in last season’s FedEx Cup standings. The five missing are Patrick Reed, Webb Simpson, Bryson DeChambeau, Adam Scott, and Tiger Woods.

Nine sponsor exemptions were given to players outside the top 65: Keegan Bradley, Tommy Fleetwood, Rickie Fowler, Sergio García, Brooks Koepka, Shane Lowry, Ian Poulter, Justin Rose, and Jordan Spieth. Since this tournament was supposed to be in South Korea, the other three Koreans on the tour (Kang Sung-hoon, Kim Si-woo, Lee Kyoung-hoon) also got in, as did teen phenom Kim Joo-hyung and five players on the Korean Tour.

2 Likes

I played there in mid-November a few years back. Rounds in rain gear and rounds in shorts.

Agree with @TigersWoods. Money is driving the venue choices, I’m sure, but would love to have seen something we’d never seen before.

1 Like

Really is disappointing, so many great courses on the West Coast and it would be great to try something new and unique. Especially in prime time, could’ve actually even boosted ratings (beyond the Cat being in the field).

2 Likes

shadow creek might be the most materialist rich white guy playground on the planet maybe the most cheesecake factory of all the fazio designs…also can we discuss this dr. j quote

Screenshot_2020-10-13 Shadow Creek Golf Course - Las Vegas, NV

3 Likes

I’m not sure what’s more insane, the quote or the descriptor of Dr. J.

3 Likes

DJ got the 'rona.

Did you get us a tainted shipment, @DJsCokeDealer? What the fuck kind of a ship are you running here?

2 Likes

This is a very fluid situation. Please respect my privacy during this trying time

7 Likes

Last two field changes for the CJ Cup are Tony Finau and Dustin Johnson out, JT Poston and Robby Shelton in.

No offense to those guys but talk about a drop in Q rating, wow.

1 Like

Wonder if Kis is ready to tweet about following the guidelines…

2 Likes

@tron @randy: Can we get a Trap Draw - Vegas - since the tour is spending two weeks there (MUCH longer than the 48-60 hours in country that is the sweet spot for my trips there).

1 Like

I find 72 hours is the sweet spot. Land at 11:00pm Vegas time on Thursday, red eye out at 11:00pm Vegas time on Sunday.

Take Friday and Monday off work, give yourself a full day to recover on Monday. Get after it hard Friday (Golden Knights game Friday) and Saturday (show Saturday) with some casual drinks and good food on the Sunday before you leave.

Oh god, I might have my next trip planned once things aren’t an absolute disaster all over the world.

Anyone watching this charity thing?
My a/v is kind of choppy. Wondering if it’s just me.
Watching on YouTube tv.

Was for me too.

My favourite part was An talking about how it’s tough to put it all together “when I’m hitting it well, my putting is dogshit”. Bubba was quick to point out that dog poop was the preferred nomenclature.

Also liked the palindromic symmetry of the An/Na pairing.

1 Like