2018-19 FredEx Cup Standings + Season-Long Thread

Champ and Glover earned full membership this week. Exempt from the reshuffle. Big for this format.

Curtis Luck is in as second alternate at Shriners

Spieth is my favorite golfer, and yet the FredEx Cup has me more jazzed about Strebber’s hot start than Spieth’s. What a weirdly fun thing this is.

Don’t worry, there’ll always be somebody below you… Starting to think my plan of picking more seasoned and experienced graduates may not have been the correct play…

Would have got away with it if it weren’t for those pesky kids!

Conflicted between rooting for a couple of my favorites (Uihlein and HV3) or Strebber for the FredEx. Think I’ll give them round 2 to duke it out, then adjust accordingly

wise play with the Web grads. They fluctuate all over a leaderboard more than the tour stalwarts. Seems the pressure of the cut on Friday, then weekend, get to most of them quite a bit.

Big ask coming here.

Can NLU do a similar thing for the PGA tour season - using the TOC as a start date and just write off the shoulder season.

I don’t know how the draft would work, but NLU podcast would kick it off. 6 players again. Maybe 1 midseason add. But you only get 1 player in the top 10 as of 1/1. then maybe 11-25. 26-40. 41-75. 76-100. 100+. Using OWGR.

Looks like Mayakoba has a similar cutoff to this week.

One interesting name in the field: Adrià Arnaus. He’s a 24-year-old Spaniard who’s been playing on the Challenge Tour this year, where he has 14 top-20s in 21 starts and is the 54-hole leader at the Grand Final.

Cool to see Viktor Hovlund in the field as well.

Both Hovland and Bauchou. No Wolff, though.

11/5 UPDATE:

The Fredex Cup Leaderboard is updated, link up top in the thread.

November it is, wraparound season continues. If I had more time I would track people’s trend week to week, but alas I have other commitments, namely my job. Maybe with some downtime I can get that fired up in time for the calendar year.

It was not a week for the newbies at the Shriner’s, as tour vets took most honors in Vegas. I don’t know what the final groups clocked in at, but with Cantlay and L’artiste finishing 1-2, it was a small miracle they got it in before the fallen back clock struck moonlight. I know that makes no sense but just go with it.

Also Richard Flower with yet another backdoor top 10, shout out Big Commish @Randy.

@sundaybag has parlayed his BCNGC hype into a slim $135K lead after the Shriner’s, thanks in part to strong finishes from journeymen Robert Streb and Lucas Glover. Honorable mentions to Sungjae Im, Denny McCarthy, who have now racked up 2 top 15s with strong finished this week.

Looking ahead to Mayakoba this week, multiple teams have all 6 in play (Soly, ericrbens, PlatAttack, Q-school, alecsheaffer3, 4ParsAtLahinch, Blewett, PStew99, A.K. Search_Party, mthomas12, munihack, timshel, GluteActivator, daws213, Rbernard711, Waldorf98). Many with 5 and 4, but shoutout to @TheMerchCzar & @hiphipjorge who only have 2 players bidding for some cuts this week.

Best of luck all. I am on vacation until Monday evening, forgive me if next week’s update is slightly tardy.

Not an ideal week. 2 missed cuts and nobody doing better than T-28.

We can’t get a W every week, I guess, that’s just golf. Though, I think we’re in the right place to have a lot of success over the season. /press conference

All that and Glover made triple on 18. Big week squad!

Had a bad week, but I’m enjoying the chase for the first FredEx Cup. Never thought I’d be following Shawn Stefani on shot tracker on a Friday morning but the glory of the FredEx Cup really is a force.

I was down to Burns and Champ for my last pick.

So far, it appears I chose wrong.

Just a moment ago, was looking at the scores…

I know no one cares, but having 4 of your 5 players miss the cut sucks. Not even close to making it either. All in on Champ this weekend I guess.

Also, it looks like tournaments are tougher to get into this year, probably the shorter schedule leading to less guys taking weeks off. The reshuffles are going to be big.

I am glad to have three guys exempt from the reshuffle.

I’m assuming not but will Euro Tour $ count?

Fritelli could have a good cash this week…

Negative. Only official PGA Tour events.