2018-19 FredEx Cup Standings + Season-Long Thread

(Big thanks to @2trickpony for the help putting this together and his willingness to maintain throughout the year. Also, big thanks to all who volunteered, you guys are great.)

pinned #2

Annnnnnnd we’re off! eddieb85 with the early lead…

Fact check: True.

In the top 50%, just like my law school class rank.

And I went strictly on driving distance

success

Godspeed @2trickpony as it looks like you plan on manually adding up every player and team’s earnings each week.

Not aiming to compete with @2trickpony but here is another tracker to back up his spreadsheet.

https://public.tableau.com/views/2018FredExCup/Dashboard?:embed=y&:display_count=yes

Excellent work here. And tableau isn’t blocked on my work internet like google docs is so that’s even better!

Not to worry, what you see is simply a paste of an extensive [but fully automated!] consolidation. We’ll get into some deep stats as the season unfolds.

Heavy Automation, Tableau, Cloud technologies - are we sure this man isn’t cooking the books?

He looks like an ex-Enron executive in a witness protection program.

Kenneth (No) Lay(ing Up)

Not to get into white collar crime talk but fun fact: Andrew Fastow came and spoke at my school senior year. STILL maintains innocence after conviction and serving 10+ years, and spent most his lecture explaining [defending] how utilizing off-balance sheet accounting can be an effective way to capitalize a growing company.

FWIW, Jeff Skilling was recently released to a halfway house. Has anyone seen @Tron and Mr. Skilling in the same room together?

Either we both went to the same school or he was on a lecture tour haha. I thought he was full of it but it was a captivating 90 minutes nonetheless. Set the hook with the CFO of the year award and prison ID received in the same year.

So upset I was late to the party on this and the pod. I will look on with interest and pray for a mid-season draft for slow pokes like me.

Perhaps there could be scope for a belated entry for folks like @MatthewM and they just don’t get money for their players’ percormances before they entered? And set a final date by which teams have to be in? What say you, @Randy?

There’s almost no way to predict future performance in golf based on the first tournament so I don’t think they get any advantage, and if they miss out on the first tournament, there’s really no prejudice to the rest of us for a late entry

in a way, it’s no different than a player skipping a tournament

I’ll leave it up to @2trickpony as he’s updating the standings/spreadsheet. If it’s cool with him we’ll allow more entries through this Friday’s play. Wouldn’t be proper not having @MatthewM involved…