1946 Colonial Invitational, hosted by NLU & Charles Schwab

What a cool event!

Thank you! This event is pretty emblematic of our Schwab relationship - they just want to support us making the content we want to make and they actually threw this idea out there. Weā€™d thought about doing something similar, but they proposed it to us and when we asked how much it would cost per player they were confused and said ā€œcost? Itā€™s free.ā€ Pretty refreshing!

55 Likes

@Tron Will there be any full field Texas NLU events this year?

1 Like

Hell yeah, fuck Vanguard

7 Likes

The Buc-ees Cup is as full field as it gets!

And then weā€™re gonna try to do a casual meetup the week of Colonial in Fort Worth.

3 Likes

Lottery registration is live: www.golfgenius.com/ggid/pqcxhf/register

Also, when it says search for member in the registration search your refuge username and it should pull up (again, Nest members)

7 Likes

Since I donā€™t have a GHINā€¦yā€™all need a photographer?

Hereā€™s a shot of DJ from two days ago as a resume if needed:
(dammit I REALLY need to get an official GHIN this seasonā€¦)

11 Likes

Itā€™s in Godā€™s hands now.

8 Likes

I like how it populates my full name in the ā€œLast Nameā€ box, but doesnā€™t let me update it. Looks like I have the same first and middle names! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@Tron When I fill out the registration form, it already had my full name in the last name field, and thatā€™s not editable. Just FYI in case that wasnā€™t the desired result.

It didnā€™t ask for my Schwab account information, in case that helps in the lotteryā€¦

2 Likes

Same for me, I guess if everyoneā€™s the same then it wonā€™t be hard to figure out what peopleā€™s actual names are, LOL.

Lotteries like this never pan out for me. But in the unlikely event this one does, I may need to crowdsource some explanations for why I need to drive to Fort Worth after spending the entire previous weekend in Ardmore, OK. I anticipate that my wife may not understand.

4 Likes

Very much same

3 Likes

Ditto X3.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s always something with Golf Genius. Will have @Privatecollection help me troubleshoot it tonight, but worst case Iā€™ll input refuge handles manually once we do the lottery so thatā€™s what shows on the player list. Donā€™t want to cause any unnecessary public identity crises!

6 Likes

My wedding is on the 17th. Married guys, thereā€™s a good enough amount of time in between for me to play a golf tournament in another city right?

8 Likes

The real questionā€¦do I talk to my wife to get the green light prior to entering the lottery or only if my name is selected and sell it as an honor that I couldnā€™t possibly say no to?

23 Likes

lol

4 Likes

hammering the latter.

1 Like